Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Excellent question.?ÿtouch a magnet to the top. Magnetism restored.?ÿpounding them hard, flips their polarity. Instead of a big sprout of magnetism ou...
Well, how you gonna see to work at night?? seriously.... night gps is better than day time work. No solar radiation, aka sunspots.?ÿ Night work is ...
This backs up thesis that surveyors are trouble makers. The world would be better off without them. 😉 (humor alert) N
This backs up thesis that surveyors are trouble makers. The world would be better off without them. 😉 (humor alert) N
@bill93 they are all over eBay for 15-40 bucks.?ÿI bought one. It has a worn fulcrum. I??ve used one in field application. In Chicago land area.?ÿTh...
I like profound but simple statements.?ÿN
Poor Battery connection can cause intermittent performance.?ÿ
@bstrand I used the hound dawg. It was a previous generation. It was too slow. (Slow response time, required slow sweep speed) Not good in active roa...
@r-s-mayer The 72 series is the least expensive on eBay. Having used the ones listed in the OP, which includes the ga-72, I suggest that either I hav...
Did you know that stop signs, with a band around them, are ok to do ??rolling stops?? Nate
Employer: We got you a full tank of gas, another box of flagging, and upside down paint. Here is a box of 30d??s, and a whole shed-load of wood const...
Hayes inst sold a slew of those. They would know. N
Significant units, came before significant digits, in some sense. Units used to be chains, and links. A chain being 66 feet. A link being 0.66??. It ...
@paden-cash your comment about "make money for the boss" is the truth. I've fired folks, who thought way more of themselves, and their "work" than I d...
Dakota. Dress warm. Electric jacket. Battery powered socks. Whole head hat.?ÿ
Ok, so if you set a series of monuments, and during setting, you took a final shot, and your plat SHOWS your computed, or theoretical points, but your...