AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: DOT RTN / VRS guru suggestions needed.

Javad has their own opus too. It's called DPOS.I'm curious about differences too...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Avulsion, Erosion Or What? Feather River Below Oroville Dam

Ask Nancy Pelosi. She probably has some ideas. I'm from Arkansas. If I'm an Out of state surveyor, I charge for that. So, I'd like 300k retainer fee, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How much to come dig up my corners?

Well, when work calls, that you don't like... You have choices.1.) Price it what its worth. (overpriced, in clients mind) you are bad guy.2.) But if ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you bid a Topographic Survey?

If you are overworked, underpaid, generally frustrated, well, theres two silutions.1.) work faster.2.) up your prices.If you do both, you might be abl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New in a way

Warren, it's great to see you posting. Welcome back.Nate

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Suveyors and Bearing Basis with Static Observations

thebionicman, post: 416805, member: 8136 wrote: Perhaps youve seen folks misuse the term True North, but it has one very well estsblished meaning to S...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas Suveyors and Bearing Basis with Static Observations

aliquot, post: 416672, member: 2486 wrote: Are you reporting state plane distances on boundary surveys?You can't rotate a state plane drawing to get g...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever surveyed with a cut chain, or a broken tape?

Being the low guy on the crew, I never got my turn at "doing up the tape". Or, throwing it.But, I did learn to sharpen tools, and cut brush. Since I w...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 561
Reply
RE: State Plane RTK

I confess... When using a second base, and it gives me virtually the same numbers, it does give me "the warm fuzzies".More discussion?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: State Plane RTK

With modern gps, and multipath mitigation, the main advantage of moving the base, is to double check the antenna heights. However, with some gps units...

10 years ago
Page 186 / 527