AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Accuracy and Precision Opinions Requested (Especially Indiana)

We approached it from a small sampling of redundancy.Most surveys, we ran closed traverses. Most closures, were 1:20,000 or better.We occasionally ran...

10 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Essential tools for Surveyors

My little stihl uses "wrenchless adjuster".[MEDIA=youtube]DrFM-8C-qV0[/MEDIA]If you keep it clean, the wrenchless adjuster, works well.N

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Essential tools for Surveyors

I like Shop towels, as TP. These kind: .

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How to Apportion

thebionicman, post: 419455, member: 8136 wrote: put the error where it occured :bacon::avocado::clink::hotdog:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Essential tools for Surveyors

Well, [USER=8766]@Larry Scott[/USER] , thats what i carry, all the time. (and my 4" pocket scale, in a belt pouch)When i go surveying, i add a belt po...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Clarify Terminology For Me

When a member of the general public, posts a plat, they are doing what they should have complete liberty to do. And, nothing said about it.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Clarify Terminology For Me

I'd recommend that you "Find" the 2 offset corners, as shown on the plat you posted, @ the SW and NE corners of your property. "Find" means a number o...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 45
Views: 3727
Reply
RE: Dead Rebar

Listen to the videos. The old GA 52's have the BEST sensitivity. So, IF you buy Schonstedt, buy the GA52, for highest sensitivity. I have been trying ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad LS Question

[USER=111]@Steve Gilbert[/USER] J-tip has to work, in conjunction with the LS.I don't have it in my hands yet.It uses bluetooth connection to the LS.N

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Dead Rebar

Aliwhat, I'd set a rock fer ya! 🙂

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad LS Question

I have been TRYING to "Break" the LS. So far, the WORST shot, I have gotten from it was 0.14' from the actual coord. To break it, I mean, a fully veri...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Dead Rebar

Another surveyor, [USER=467]@John Evers[/USER], tells me that he checks polarity on his rebar, before setting.Interesting...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Dead Rebar

I just want to nominate this thread for "Thread of the month".And, I'd like to suggest we do a "thread of the year", based on the best thread of the m...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad LS Question

I have it. (base, rover, 35 watt radio).I just ordered the Javad metal detector, last week. Its around 5 ounces, and maybe 1.5" dia, and 8 inches long...

10 years ago
Page 182 / 527