AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Is it too much?

I think it has it's place. But, I think too that you have to see, and meet the needs of any particular client. It's a check off item. Not everybody ne...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS under canopy

Just because a system "Goes Fixed under canopy" is no indication of when the integers are wrong. Multiple fixes, under canopy, over a period of time, ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual Monuments

"Round knob lookin thing" would go in the field book.If i used it, as a corner, I'd probably pull it out, and inspect the "rest of it".I once rejected...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual Monuments

The second one, I call a "Light duty U Post". The first one, I'd resort to Adjectives.... As matter of fact, I resort to adjectives when I don't under...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS under canopy

Plumb Bill, I wish I'd said that. (I could not, because I don't know anything about the R10 and R8 systems....) But from what I see, and read, I think...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS under canopy

Im at day's end. Typing on phone.You ask many questions.I only take on one of them.Short pole.I usually run mine on a 12' Hixon pole.My pole is almost...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to get fix early in day, but fine later in day

Shift in phase Center would probably be totally irrelevant because there is no Monument underneath the receiver as it is only sitting on a truck. No M...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to get fix early in day, but fine later in day

Resetting the receiver, FORCES it to download a fresh almanac. Resetting the receiver, is sort of like turning your computer off, and doing a fresh st...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Mentor

Depends... (there's a pun hidden somewhere there...) however, having someone to "hand it to" is not something you can assume will be there for you. I ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Unable to get fix early in day, but fine later in day

I have a pair a legacy e units.They have some in common with yours...All reset. Base, and rover.N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Architects say the darnedest things....

Tell em it's metric. And, that a metric inch is about the thickness of a piece of cardboard. Somebody musta changed the carpet, or linoleum.....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, Ring

YES! I will be glad to help you! Please Call xxx xxx xxxx, and ask for Speedy Joe. They specialize in this kind of thing. I guarantee it done by sunri...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 4-Wheeler vs. Side by Side

My recommendation is buy a good, small, lightweight, cheap one. Something in the 250 cc to 500cc range. Try it out. Figure it out. If you LIKE it, the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ideas to source problem with Geodimeter total station

Well, the problems you seem to be having are solvable. "If it was built by a man, it can be fixed by a man". For starters:Set it up, and shoot a prism...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Dowsing Poll

If dousing works for water, oil, and gas, you should be able to fold up a deed, in your hat, and run the lines, faster than a GPS. As matter of fact, ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 4-Wheeler vs. Side by Side

Tractors are "street legal", if they have that triangle on the back.I have a red tractor, with a "slow moving vehicle" trangle on the back.It's 4 ft w...

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: Protecting against sun damage

I have a hat, that blocks the solar radiation. It is actually cooler, than without it, in high heat. N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: QuadPod

if you look in the back, that's a Polaris 800. That kaw. Mule won't fit... Unless I go to a flatbed.

9 years ago
Page 177 / 527