AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Older Total Station with Newer Data Collector

Congrats. As a new surveyor, I cannot help but say "get reflectorless". I like the narrow beam ones. That's gonna be Leica. I don't know if anybody el...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 363
Reply
RE: EPHEMERIS

Here is an old thread on the subject: I know Javad is working on a version of sunshot software, for use with J-mate, his new camera based "total stat...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 457
Reply
RE: Fnd 5/8" IR w/cap, disturbed

Emotionally disturbing.... 😉 "Air monument". N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: But I Have 5 More Feet...

@Jim Frame, I kinda hate it, when somebody starts tellin' me how t' surbey. N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: But I Have 5 More Feet...

@Jim Frame, I kinda hate it, when somebody starts tellin' me how t' surbey. N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: EPHEMERIS

?ÿ ?ÿ @ The Mule Just curious, how does that particular data flow work? Survey in spc, plat in geodetic, ground coords, I assume? Where does cogo, and...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Center of a Closing Section

As I age, I see more wisdom in the old injunction "cursed be he that moveth his neighbor's landmark". I accept more monuments than I used to. Jon, tha...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Pdf help

2nd on cutepdf But, I need to be able to combine multiple pages into one document. Suggestions? N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: EPHEMERIS

Elgin and Knowles used to publish them. I think that the computerized version, drove them out of popular use. I see occasional ones sold as antiques.....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Become a whole engineering company

You gonna buy it? Lots of stuff there! @radar ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Become a whole engineering company

It comes with some tripods too. Look at the pics. N

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 515
Reply
RE: Advice please

Do the topo cheap.?ÿ Make money at the engineering end. Cuts out the surveyor. Keeps it all "in house". Strategy. Surveyors don't have time to sit aro...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

And, Loyal, yes tis true. I think an understanding of projections is fundamental to practical GPS?ÿabuse. Er.. Use. N ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

And, thanks Mr. Math teacher. I'm no Kent Mc.?ÿ I can run out of stuff to teach. But most of what I've got is practical. N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

For some real fun, Ask a surveyor what their basis of bearings is....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

"Distance is substantial". Yes. I don't think I've ever done one this far apart. I'm a somewhat modern surveyor. DPOS. OPUS,?ÿ go see "how far off" th...

8 years ago
Page 113 / 527