Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Often, when running simultaneous coord systems, you have lat Lon, and your spc coords, which with a defined projection, and parameters, are reciprocal...
@spledeus I've hand drawn contour maps, but I don't know about the rubber band trick. Care to share? N
@am95405 Obstruction diagrams. Yes... They are ok, but the concept alone is adequate. There's enough birds up there, to make them semi obsolete. Suffi...
Proper drafting technique: B/D is on whole line, Ang pt to Ang pt of line. Any pieces of that line, that need distances, get individual distances, AND...
This is a useful feature. Go to job, already on spc. Set up autonomous. Hit a known point. Base is updated. Set some points. Go home. Opus later, get ...
Lee, I've done const staking. In 1986. We had a t-2, 100' tape, I've been out of the const staking loop ever since. Now, (via magazine) we have dozer ...
There was a whole cluster of Arkansas Surveyors, who used this method. They argued, and fussed, "it's not possible to get more than one minute accurac...
Well, ya can't have one, without the other. And, as to the stick shift.... One of these days, when most are using electric cars, stick will be really ...
I don't think we need a COMPLETE course in non-battery surveying. And, we DO need a COMPLETE course in modern surveying. Ie, all the button pushing, a...
Under fecore leadership, we won't need surveyors. Every election, all property lines get gerrymandered. Also, all the dimensions of your house change ...
There's no real need for scientific evidence, under a propaganda machine. Really.
If a majority could vote that the earth is flat, wouldn't that be good? (Especially for the engineers!) ???? N
Never hire a surveyor, unless you already know where your lines are. That way you can tell if he lied! (Grin) N Ps, good article, Wendell. ?ÿ
No sarcasm there. My 1975 dodge dart does need a clutch though! N
Rocket science? Yes, that's simple. Every survey is a new invention. N
I'm finding M/H nails, generically called PK nails. MagHub nails are the replacement for the (now defunct) PK nail. Nate
I wish Chris-Nick could acquire whatever is left of PK. This would avoid the confusion of mh nails being called pk's. Also, mh stands for ManHole. Thi...