AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

This week. Retrace an old subdivision from the '60's. For most of it, lots and blocks weren't followed. But odd meets and bounds. Errors of 10' are no...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

That sort of lack of knowledge, only will get worser, and worser. If all surveyors, that use GPS, understood "mapping angle", it would solve a whole h...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

Of course for SOME surveyors, it's been round for a long time. (Even the early GLO surveyors were aware. But, somewhere along the way, a whole batch o...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Very basic GPS tutorial

I used to be a flat earther... (You know, the kind that does not worry about anything beyond basic cogo) GPS seems to like to make us consider a bigge...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 29
Views: 1085
Reply
RE: GPS work

No, it's a little bigger than that. It's the theoreticaly perfect north, that your particular "grid" is based on. You can use any north you want... Wi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS work

I like what @JKinAK said.?ÿ The fact that you posted the 1st post in this thread is a good indicator that your on the right track, and that your consc...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS work

Are you applying theta, or not? I've used Carlson data collector before. As I remember, you have an option to use state plane grid, or ground. Are you...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS work

Do you know what bearings you are on? Nate

8 years ago
Reply
RE: WA Homeowner looking for advice

Cut them trees, then you can tape it! Grin! Nate

8 years ago
Reply
RE: WA Homeowner looking for advice

I like all the suggestions above. I'd even be in favor of you doing some metal detecting, with a 100' tape in the neighborhood. Remember, distances ar...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: any tips to avoid burnout???

Number one way to avoid burnout. Up your prices. And fire a couple of clients. Nate

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Language and Ambiguity

?ÿ Ring ring... Participate in a survey? O sure! That's what I do for a living. To get things started, I'll need your address, and home telephone. And...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvNET GPS Adjustment

DGPS that's your answer. Differential GPS. If you set up a lone gps, 100x, and store data, on the same point, for 2 hrs each time, (shut it down, and ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: art of the surveyor

That's real nice. N

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Cutting Tools

Boiled linseed oil. Once a day, for a week. Once a week, for a month, Once a month for a year. Once a year til you lose it! (Maybe he's selling linsee...

8 years ago
Page 114 / 527