AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Educating out of state?

Wherever you decide to go, be sure to contact individual instructors.?ÿ I would want an instructor with experience in a Colonial State if I planned on...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: UPPER or Lower?

@holy-cow I have no problem reading with all caps on plats but I find it exceedingly difficult to read on a 8.5x14" deed description.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you tell your client?

Equal area exchange is my typical solution. Sometimes this is not possible, so I'll explain to my client other options and ask permission to show the ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: UPPER or Lower?

There's a surveyor down here that uses all caps for his deed descriptions. It gives me a headache just thinking about reading them.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Ethic

Work Ethic - Doing a good job, even when no one is looking. ?ÿ ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: well, here's a new problem

Hold the monuments and accurately tie your work to SPCs. I'm a firm believer in Grid ties. I've taken the time to get to know a few of the GIS techs ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Description advice

If utility is your goal, adding some State Plane coordinate pairs to your description will be more helpful than a plethora of calls to the strip lot:?...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Land owner notification calls

I've worked in the over regulated states that you seem to prefer.?ÿ You can have them.?ÿ If you've always carried the yoke of regulatory oppression it...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculator for FS exam

I used the TI-30xa with a TI-30xii for a backup. DMS entry is quick. It's memory is limited to three values but that was all I seemed to need.?ÿ?ÿ Wh...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey required for easements?

NC requires easements to be tied to surveyed boundary lines and, by extension of the definition of surveyed boundaries, physical monuments.?ÿ Public u...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Acdemic land question

@rundatline Where in NC Statutes does it prohibit accepting a finder's fee?  I can see in, "21 NCAC 56 .0701 RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT", tha...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Monitoring - Establishing Control

@cmh89 If you are already achieving submillimeter accuracy on your resections I would continue doing what you are doing. I tend to worry more about ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Monitoring - Establishing Control

Each site has its own challenges. Length of time for the monitoring has a big influence on the quantity and quality of control that I set. When I perf...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Rock to Pipe

I'm not a fan of disturbing an ancient monument.?ÿ I locate the stone bound, sprinkle some magnails around it, then move on.?ÿ I'm not sure that I wou...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Easement question

I like to tie access easements to nearby boundary monuments at their POB and POT then set a pair of irons near the middle.?ÿ Setting monuments at ease...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Best study practices and reference materials for the PS?

One universal rule for studying is to clump information into groups of five.?ÿ Write out definitions (longhand) on notecards and cycle through five at...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Open Traverse closing method

You can use a compass to check that you have not made any major angular errors in your open traverse.?ÿ Assign a compass bearing or azimuth to your in...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@rundatline The rule in NC is that any survey work involving boundaries (where a plat or report of survey is generated) must be tied to NC-Grid if wi...

7 years ago
Page 37 / 48