AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: News Flash

I constantly tell myself that I need to respect other professions, but many of interactions?ÿ with attorneys and real estate agent mirror yours. I ju...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Mobile Hotspot for GPS

As John Hamilton mentioned, the Verizon mifi 6620L is a good option.?ÿ I've been using one for about three years and the battery life is great.?ÿ I ca...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: looking for a navigation app...

On X is a great app for anyone that spends time outdoors.?ÿ I'm not sure that you can import a csv though.?ÿ KML and GSX files are simple to import.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Stuck/Stagnant

Where in coastal NC are you??ÿ?ÿ There's a ton of municipal work all around Wilmington and throughout the state in general. Most contractors don't ev...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with unreasonable people

Hard question to answer. Lots of different ways to be unreasonable. My grandmother was an unreasonable person so I had the advantage (if you want to c...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson compatible

Leica TS 12 works well with a Carlson Surveyor 2.?ÿ The DC has long range Bluetooth which is limited to about 900' line of sight.?ÿ Any amount of foli...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Apple Trees

Fedco Trees in Maine sells heritage varieties of apples and other fruit trees. I purchased a couple of black oxfords for my mother.?ÿ It's a winter a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Best units for tree canopy

I use a Trimble R10.?ÿ The only time I find myself needing a total station these days is when a large percentage of the boundary or topo area is cover...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: On Confidentiality and the Mandated Recording of Plats

This is the attitude that I disagree with.?ÿ You are undoubtedly a great surveyor, but your instinct is not to find out what the client actually needs...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Extending Certification (not ALTA) to additional parties

My impression of the letter is that the client is the like the majority of people, clueless as to the function of a land surveyor.?ÿ If I had to guess...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying - Field Best Practices

The first PLS I worked for hated ATVs and insisted that all members of the fieldcrew be proficient in the use of a compass.?ÿ Although I donƒ??t typic...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: On Confidentiality and the Mandated Recording of Plats

@dave-lindell Ah yes, the quasi-administrative function of the land surveyor.  Are you required to record a plat of a retracement survey even if...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: On Confidentiality and the Mandated Recording of Plats

That would be true if boundary surveys were legally binding and not simply opinion.?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Educating out of state?

@a-harris ABET is double edged sword. To maintain ABET accreditation, the instructors must go through a lengthy administrative process for even minor...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: On Confidentiality and the Mandated Recording of Plats

Generally speaking, it sounds like a land owner who hires a PLS for a retracement in a recording state can ask the PLS to hold off on setting missing ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: On Confidentiality and the Mandated Recording of Plats

@aliquot I'm not sure that it is fenceline surveying if you mean that Colonial Surveyors don't gather enough evidence before holding a fence. It does...

6 years ago
Page 36 / 48