AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: How do you describe our role to landowners?

A quality cadastre is the by-product of our work. Our job is to solve our client's problem in a legal and ethical manner. In situations where a new s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you describe our role to landowners?

Nate has a good point about the limits of facts and due diligence once you enter the theater of our judicial system.?ÿ Boundary line agreements and a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you describe our role to landowners?

Boundary disputes are an interesting beast.?ÿ On one hand, they're the easiest way to lose money and get dragged to court. On the other hand, getting ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you describe our role to landowners?

My job is to help solve my client's problem, whatever it may be. I am not an advocate for my client, but I also refuse to make him pay for my ego. I v...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Keep hands warm in field

Another good option is to go to a marine supply store and get some of the gloves designed for cold weather commercial fisherman.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Keep hands warm in field

I worked some cold jobs in Maine. One of the coldest was a survey around a failing dam.?ÿ I found that numerous pairs of inexpensive mitten gloves wor...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1085
Reply
RE: Does Your State Still Have an Apprentice Route to Licensure

I earned my license in Maine the first year they dropped the essay requirement for their state specific exam. I was a bit let down. An essay or a deed...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Have to shut-up

@bill-c North Carolina is similar.  It's kind of annoying that I have to fill my plats with a bunch of Review Officer statements when a simple "...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Have to shut-up

I don't understand how an updated deed description can place a cloud on title.?ÿ Is it due to the omission of a reference to the previous description ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Your State Still Have an Apprentice Route to Licensure

16 years of experience and a high school diploma or equivalent and you can become a PLS in North Carolina.?ÿ There's also a path for those with an A.S...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Rover Only vs Base Rover

NC's RTN network just started giving corrections for Beidou and Galileo in addition to Glonass and GPS.?ÿ I'm hoping it helps with vertical. I haven't...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Double Proportion Problem

When taking tests such as the FS or PS it's helpful to remember that you're trying to find the best answer not the right answer.?ÿ A subtle but import...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Movement Monitoring equipment/method query

Are you certain that your control points are stable??ÿ What type of material (ie. vinyl, wood, steel) have you attached your targets to and have you ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner references that are little better than none at all

I'm not advocating that GNSS coordinates should rule over physical monuments. I'm saying that tieing to a SPCS is more useful than pulling a tape to a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner references that are little better than none at all

@holy-cow From your post and comments, I have the impression that PLSS corner reference ties are more of a joke. I used to share your opinion concer...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner references that are little better than none at all

I'm not sure that I understand the problem.?ÿ Why do you need to rely on arbitrary corner ties to find the paved over point? Are section corners not r...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: News Flash

@aliquot Since the board doesn't have authority over non licensed individuals, they have to pass it up to the state.  Typically, the DA will onl...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: News Flash

@rundatline I'm not going to tell on anyone but practicing surveying without a license is taken seriously by the NC board.?ÿ Obviously any sort of a,...

6 years ago
Page 35 / 48