AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

@scott-bordenet?ÿ No it doesn't carry the same weight, but it will be the next best thing.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

I don't view "without error" as relavent outside of philosophical discussion.?ÿ It's a non falsifiable assertion, so best not to even bring it up.?ÿ D...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

While it'd make me feel better if I had some evidence of when and who set it, I'd still assume it represents better evidence than the infinite hypothe...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How to Adjust a Side Shot

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ I've had a similar scenario play out.?ÿ It's extremely frustrating to watch simple lies triumph over complicated truths.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: On the philosophy of chainsaws

I'm going to try out a pole pruner saw.?ÿ I've used the gas ones and they're great. Has anyone used the battery powered ones??ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you relax and take your mind away from work?

I have a seven and a four year old girl to keep me occupied when not at work.?ÿ I had taken a nearly twenty year hiatus from hunting and fishing but n...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is a drone in our future?

They're great for landfill work and anything without trees.?ÿ Drone Lidar is awesome as long as you have some talented individuals processing.?ÿ Virtu...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Color blindness and surveying

A kid I worked with was CB and couldn't see pink but couldn't miss blue.?ÿ As much as I hated maps that used color gradients to separate features, suc...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: On the philosophy of chainsaws

Dad was a logger, I still have all his saws.?ÿ They're not only sharp, but because I have three, I have one chain filed to take a big bite that I use ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What I ask of Surveyors

The best mentor I had was a professor at White Mountains Community College.?ÿ Universities become beholden to administration and the uncompromising pr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Disturbed Stone Survey Marker

A kind gentleman hired me to survey his one acre in NH.?ÿ I quickly found the rear corners then moved roadside.?ÿ After ringing and digging to no avai...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Claim

@half-bubble?ÿ I'd me more worried if I were the city as they might inadvertently extinguish a utility easements crossing the parcel by creating a un...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting a PK nail on a busy road.

First off, if you're going to set something in the road have the decency to make it a gin spindle and not a cheap little magnail. Second, get there at...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Bees

We're coming off two years of record breaking wet weather here in NC.?ÿ I'm not sure if the bees are worse than they usually are, but they're definite...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rich folks won't pay our prices, and the poor cannot afford our services

It is partly our fault for not having the resolve to charge what we know we should be charging.?ÿ Another part is that no one has any clue what we do....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rich folks won't pay our prices, and the poor cannot afford our services

@holy-cow?ÿ I have never had a client that inferred superior accuracy from a grid tie or a coordinate pair.?ÿ If they even ask what it is, their eyes...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rich folks won't pay our prices, and the poor cannot afford our services

@jph?ÿ NC doesn't require a survey for every sale and our board does not differentiate between a boundary survey and a mortgage survey. Meaning, you ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: ƒ??Real Elevationsƒ?

I started my surveying career in NH and ME where few physical NGS BMs and almost no CORS stations existed.?ÿ My attitude towards ties to SPCSs was nea...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Foundation Staking

@big-al?ÿ I try to shoot for next day but it's still possible if within 72 hours, possibly more.?ÿ Yes, I usually have to pre-drill but it's quite fa...

5 years ago
Page 25 / 48