AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
murphy
murphy
@murphy
Member
Joined: April 15, 2015 2:28 pm
Last seen: September 29, 2026 6:54 pm
Topics: 37 / Replies: 921
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing

This issue has been a long time coming.?ÿ There's an extended interview with the hunters at Meateater Podcast.?ÿ They came off as combative to me but ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner Crossing

I couldn't (won't pay) access the article.?ÿ How was the $7M worth of damages calculated??ÿ I was under the impression that the NC landowner was claim...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How to process my drone data the bestest way!

Pix4D training modules and YouTube, then ground truth your projects in high and low areas as well as areas of dense cover (grass, briars, bushes etc)....

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Petty Childish behavior

This is another reason it's worth the time to begin every project on state plane.?ÿ On the vast majority of projects you don't have to worry about los...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certifications and the CFS

Thanks HC. I should also add that, though you may not find it in writing, matching the vertical datum to the benchmarks used in the flood study is th...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 777
Reply
RE: Tennessee State Specific Exam

@bad?ÿ I focused on the standards of practice, then wove in the rest of the items I mentioned.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Frustrating Conversation

Communication is shockingly difficult at times.?ÿ Some people's preconceived notions are nearly impossible to dislodge.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Lookie here

What a great find and they don't have to be big to be ancient.?ÿ We have numerous bald cypress in NC that are over a thousand years old.?ÿ One has bee...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

I worked in an area where this was true.?ÿ The best surveyor in the area in the 80's performed a survey of his multigenerational family farm prior to ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Long range reflectorless manual total station

Ditto Leica over Trimble for long and short range reflectorless.?ÿ?ÿ All my data is anecdotal but having used both in monitoring projects with reflec...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

Aliquot holds the moral high ground but in this particular situation it's equivalent to claiming someone's a liar when they answer in the negative whe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: One Liners

I'm also in the business to make money.?ÿ If, after I've explained the above to them, they choose to go with the one-liner, I'm more than happy to get...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: One Liners

It's usually a waste of my time, but I explain that while it might be cost effective on a large parcel with dozens of individual boundary lines, it's ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this ethical? Yes or no.

To me it boils down to the individual's ability to push themselves to learn new things.?ÿ My hobby is learning new things and I've developed a decent ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Monitoring Procedures - Am I Crazy/Wrong?

@rover83?ÿ In that case, I agree with your reaction?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Monitoring Procedures - Am I Crazy/Wrong?

I agree that the monitoring procedure is not ideal or what I'd do, but that's the way it was setup.?ÿ Changing the procedure midstream is not necessar...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

@rover83?ÿ My opposition to your view is that it allows for zero nuance which implies that you've focused on one aspect of ethics to the determent of...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it unethical and a conflict of interest to perform my own survey?

@rover83?ÿ Scale matters. If this were a million dollar transaction, the appearance of a conflict would matter.?ÿ In a situation where no other parti...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tennessee State Specific Exam

@dan-spaulding?ÿ I'd double check on that if I were you.?ÿ They seem to be opposed to direct, voice to voice, communication.?ÿ I tried using their te...

4 years ago
Page 18 / 48