AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

Don't forget to put it on the curve.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

For a typical township the N1/4 of Section 1 is also the S1/4 of Section 36, however, as Norman states above when closing on a standard line there wil...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: My First OPUS Submission

Trimble has routines that take care of all this for you. Do you have a way to look at your DC file and see how they adjust the measure up? There may b...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

@jim-frame I'm all on board with it, some of the recent AP decisions were shocking. Not that the courts were incorrect, but the AP here was very ea...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Our state just threw a bomb into AP. You can only claim it now if you've paid the taxes on the land. If the defendant has paid the taxes there is not ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Thanks for that one. I started reading, but I'll have to finish it when I have more time. How long is the time in Washington to prove up AP?

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Question To AI About C&R

I used to do those all day long, it wasn't until you got to 490' if I remember correctly that C&R hit over .005' so then it would round up to .01'...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

To figure out where it is would, you will need to hire a locator, we use a couple of them, they will either find it or let you know they can't, but th...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

I have .01% of mineral rights of a family well. If the amount doesn't reach $100 in a month I don't get a check, once the total from the last payment ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

@holy-cow Split estate comes in a couple of flavors. The ones above are reserved rights by the Feds. How much of the mineral rights they retained w...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

@bill93 Split estate issues began in the early 1900's. At first coal was reserved, later, I think it was 1916 all minerals got reserved. So if pate...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

Lot 1 is the NE1/4NE1/4, all the lands in the Section are described as aliquot parts under the patents. There are only lots for Fed estate. I don'...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: A PLSS section approximately 1430 feet wide

One of my favorites:   Not as narrow as your example, but still it's a mess. This is a dependent resurvey of a township. This Section 8 whi...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

Because of the era, I'm guessing, without seeing the instruments, they are to prove up patents

4 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

I've noticed more and more with the era of GPS my checks to record monuments are often .02-.03' or less. I don't even change anything, I report R&...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

Yeah, the old days of returning the measurements has long vanished. Now it's all about manipulation. There was an agency that started writing descript...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

I believe I get it now, it's a declaration of occupancy, so it's not a grant of rights, but the land owners are decelerating that they are occupying t...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Hadn’t seen this annotation before

Do you mean the water grant? Or All the World grant? I'm guessing

4 months ago
Reply
RE: CYA

We got an RIP for an addition to a building on Friday. The addition is 5000sf. Some sidewalks but no parking lot, utilities or road staking. The fi...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

I believe Hickhiker's Guide was a late 1970's early 1980's era book. Somewhere about there. I don't remember much from it as far as details but 42 sti...

4 months ago
Page 7 / 536