AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
MightyMoe
MightyMoe
@mightymoe
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 22, 2010 9:13 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 1:50 pm
Topics: 1006 / Replies: 9703
Reply
RE: Surveying tip from an engineer

Ok, I've had these five conservation exclusions changed now about 4 times. So glad I've simplified them. Three are rectangles, one is a parallelo...

11 months ago
Reply
11 months ago
Reply
RE: Do something nice

Ha, fortunately I'm not hired with this one. They wanted me to "explain" why my ROS isn't in the "correct" location where the GIS shows it. Classic...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: RR Spiral Curve Help

Deeds are an interesting subject in some areas. The RR locally is shown as granted on GLO records in the 1880's to 1890. But they didn't define the RR...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: RR Spiral Curve Help

As Jim said above almost all older RR right of ways were taken as simple curves. Not all, but mostly that's how it was done. Then maps (Val maps) were...

11 months ago
Topic
11 months ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1622
Reply
RE: Whopper of a solar storm hit last night, a G4: Severe

It was very visible here: Then last night it was to also be seen, but SWMBO and I went out and not much of anything was visible when we looked. F...

11 months ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1938
Reply
RE: Title

@holy-cow From what I understand these transactions all happen faceless. No one sees the "buyer" all that has to happen is to create some fraud doc...

11 months ago
Topic
11 months ago
Replies: 7
Views: 1826
Reply
RE: Spiral Curves Blah

I've got a spiral to figure out which became an urban road from a US highway. SCS curves were a breeze in Autocad 2002 and I kept a version on my comp...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Elevation of NGS Point

@gary_g That's close for OPUS; 0.06'. Usually, I get better results by picking the newer CORS and roll my own calculation in TBC. Slightly bett...

11 months ago
Reply
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

A thumbs down for your post is odd. Where better than here to discuss issues relating to surveying.    

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

All the deeds in the area call for the SW1/16th corner, it has 4 monuments attempting to establish it. I've never given any credence to any of them. T...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

There are no called for monuments in this area for any old deed that I've seen. You will have to prove these monuments wrong. If math is the thing...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

@norman-oklahoma It's an easy one, 1957, yellow painted Iron pipe with a homemade cap, 8 years before the first deed showed up. Slam dunk. That's w...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

Not called for in the deed, but original? Yeap!!  

11 months ago
Reply
RE: OPUS

@john-hamilton Consistently we have done better vertically with RTX.

11 months ago
Topic
11 months ago
Replies: 18
Views: 2054
Page 19 / 536