AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Adventures in GIS and self-teaching

The green points are a download of a shp file from NGS for a few not-so-carefully selected marks near the project. I had never even thought about down...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1099
Reply
RE: throwing pearls at pigs...

@holy-cow I have some experience with such. One day my AP Calculus kids, the 11th graders anyway, came in wearing Puritan costumes. Turns out they we...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: 2d Transformations

Perhaps a numeric example will help. Consider the three NGS points AH3962, AH3964, and AH4018. These points are located in the North Carolina foothill...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Datum Pairing

@geeoddmike In support of your argument, consider this somewhat counter-intuitive result from experimenting with NCAT. Choose any lat/lon positioin....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@jitterboogie Good enough. For me, I'm focused on coordinate systems, so the takeaway is that coordinates are assigned to plats at some point. Howeve...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@jitterboogie So, if I'm going to create a GIS for 30 lots in my neighborhood, will I look at 30 deeds, or will I import the aerial photo and assign ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@jitterboogie So, how does GIS get those lines for property boundaries? I see coordinates in the script and the different geometries, but where do th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@mightymoe LOL! Even an Easterner should have figured that out. I jumped to the conclusion that it was some dot suffix that I didn't know. ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@jitterboogie Math is easy, words are hard. Oscar Adam's dream of having coordinates to identify every important point on the ground is still just a ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@mightymoe That's what I thought. That seemed to me to be the way that Esri and Autodesk together could be of help, but I think that alliance is head...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@mightymoe No, not soon, but food for thought for GIS developers. Research every piece of real estate back to its legal beginning and codify it. Well...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

@mightymoe If you could have three features in a local GIS, what would they be?

5 years ago
Page 45 / 114