AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Available for at least 5 years

@holy-cow?ÿ We always called first gear "granny gear" in those old trucks.

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 53
Views: 1658
Reply
RE: Railroad Rights

@dmyhill Undoubtedly railroads have served us well and still do. The NC Railroad Corporation owns the tracks here and began a major and ruthless righ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Rights

Heck, I'm afraid to even cross a railroad here. Adjacent Property Owners | North Carolina Railroad (ncrr.com) ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Thereƒ??s a new ocean now

@holy-cow That was some serious sea level rise.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Thereƒ??s a new ocean now

Maybe if Pluto fits in it, it's an ocean.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Books on projections, coord systems

@nate-the-surveyor asked for a book, not for himself necessarily, but for folks who may be creating problems. Here's a quick read from Trimble that co...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Thereƒ??s a new ocean now

Damn. My daughter gave me a 4Ocean t-shirt for my birthday and now it's out of date less than a month later. They could've warned us.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Books on projections, coord systems

@mkennedy?ÿ I suspect that some of the same things affect surveying conversions from WGS84 to NAD83. From some of the Trimble Business Center localiz...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Books on projections, coord systems

@nate-the-surveyor That's how I learn except that I go from the algebraic to the graphical and back again until what I calculate and what I see match...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Books on projections, coord systems

I haven't found one, Nate. What I find is that they look promising until we get to the question that I want answered. Then they either stop or enter i...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Adventures in GIS

The big thing that QGIS has going is its price. It also has more stuff than I'll ever learn or want to learn, but there is such a big array of shapefi...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 911
Reply
RE: Worth $40?

Hmmm. Reminds me of Lucas electrical I had on a British sports car back in the 60s.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

Nothing that I can find, but here's the complaint filed by the drone pilot. Reading the source document is time consuming, but the only filters it pas...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation from TS / theodolite data

Do you have to consider the origin of your coordinate system in order to use commercial software? I don't know, so I'm asking. For example, if we use...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Adventures in GIS and self-teaching

@glenn-borkenhagen It becomes somewhat intuitive once you get going. The supporting data that comes from NGS with a shapefile is helpful. There's ce...

5 years ago
Page 44 / 114