AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
mathteacher
mathteacher
@mathteacher
Member
Joined: June 15, 2013 9:58 am
Last seen: September 24, 2026 2:51 pm
Topics: 158 / Replies: 2104
Reply
RE: Week so far

I was going to spend today trying to see just how similar two peas in a pod really are, but I haven't been able to find any two-pea pods. If I have, s...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: That Pythagoras guy

@richard-germiller Perhaps in civilized parts of the world, but around here, if you have a properly-configured vehicle, you're limited only by imagina...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Roundabout

Southern roundabouts.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Teachers: you aren't always going to have a calculator...

@john-nolton?ÿ Yes, and thanks for asking. I think there's a How it's Made episode about this one./p> Note the vernier operation.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Teachers: you aren't always going to have a calculator...

@flga-2-2?ÿ And for non-surveyors, there was and is the vernier caliper: ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Teachers: you aren't always going to have a calculator...

Maybe wear one of these around your neck, otherwise it should fit in a vest pocket: Or remember the functions for 0, 30, 45, and 90 degrees and the...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: That Pythagoras guy

Around here, it's traffic that screws things up. When too many drivers clog up the hypotenuse, the legs become faster.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth County Lines

The California shapefile is here: CA Geographic Boundaries - CA County Boundaries - California Open Data?ÿ Here's what it looks like when imported in...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth County Lines

The NC Geodetic Survey has a boundary shapefile available for free download that can be imported into GE. Perhaps CA has something similar, It's somew...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Ground Monitoring Plan

I think that you might mean Norfolk Southern Railway.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: CBS Sunday Morning Show

Probably a lot less hoopla when that monument was set than when it was found. I wonder how USGS got up there.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Railroad Right-of-way

In NC, the railroad right of way is where the railroad says it is, end of discussion, heave to, cease and desist.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm interested in practical geometry, including surveying and mapping

@camilla?ÿ I've been retired for six years and don't participate actively in teaching, but I'm forever thinking about how I would present this or tha...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm interested in practical geometry, including surveying and mapping

@larry-best?ÿ This has been interrupted by Covid, but it looks like it might go in 2022. We entered three projects back in 20?? (out of Prevagen) and...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm interested in practical geometry, including surveying and mapping

I usually used those practical things as labs or enrichment lessons or connections to the real world, whatever suits your fancy. They were excellent f...

5 years ago
Page 36 / 114