AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 8, 2026 4:30 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1172
Reply
RE: Four Corners

Interestingly it appears the inscription reads U.S.G.& C. Survey instead of U.S.C.& G. Survey. Now if they got the inscription wrong, how did ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plain Ol' Triangles

@bruce-small that is a statement that only a MathTeacher could like.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Landowner with question about ROW/Easement

any line can be described 2 ways it can run from north to south and also run from south to north. north 38 degrees west is the same as south 38 degree...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: describe this

found dirty human hand with pinkish tone often found on desk jockeys cupping 5" long 2" diameter iron chiseling maul.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Transit leveling problem

I've never done it so I might be wrong. Try this. Align the level so it points over the NE screw and the SW screw. Move both screws the same amount bu...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: First run at a loop

Two pieces of advice. 1st get that UPS driver to help you run the loop. 2nd BM0 in my notes would be 1 specific point, I would not have 3 different po...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner off

@dave-drahn Thanks for the info David. I don't know about Hawaii but a certified letter noting the retaining wall is not a boundary is what gets recom...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Practice of Land Surveying or not?

The simple behavior you described should never be subjected to a penalty from a governmental/ quasi governmental agency. Every individual should be ab...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner off

No comment on whether what you are doing is acceptable or not. However, you have not as yet presented a problem. You think you have found her corner a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Precise and fast short distance relative positioning for vegetation measurements

You don';t have line of sight. This scenario is perfect for RTK. A surveyor can mark these points slightly slower than he can walk. Hire him. It will ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Today in ALTA Surveys and Easements

@ppm Proposed easements obviously don't currently exist, and are not required to be shown. However we have many times shown these easements clearly ma...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Today in ALTA Surveys and Easements

If documents and/or conditions exist that establish the easement it should be shown/noted until documents/conditions exist that extinguish the easemen...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Keep hands warm in field

@richard-imrie The report says "colder than a witches belt buckle". That is not the phrase I'm familiar with. Must be a New Zealand thing.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: You can believe it or not. Top it.

I broke down a section once. Took me three days. 3 of the corners were in major intersections. I thought I might be killed many times by the vehicles ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Building stakeout using a total station and a scale factor

If I'm the building owner I would be expecting a full size functional building. Not a scale model.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS elevation mask and multipath

Total, yes to your first question. You can prove the concept by setting your mask to 85 degrees and deliberately reflect signals into your receiver, t...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Certification

I hate to be an absolutist but I would never advise making that certification under any circumstances, unless of course they wanted to compensate me a...

6 years ago
Page 57 / 60