Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 7:25 am
@pls8xx Permissive occupation (often called permissive possession or occupancy) occurs when someone occupies property with the explicit or implied con...
@field-dog Submit to OPUS once with 4.95 and once with 1.4520 and I think you'll find you get different answers for your point's elevation. I believe ...
@pls8xx Please do not hinder these people intheir task of correcting a problem created by you.” Clerk’s Papers (CP) at 388.After numerous letters we...
So you think Sydow had a different lawyer for the appeal and this new lawyer was better able to "present a clear understanding of the facts"? If it ...
The ROW remains undetermined until the pipeline is located. Once the pipeline is located, the ROW becomes defined. You might show where the vegetation...
@landbutcher464mhz If you have ever used a total station you should have entered 1 of 2 common C&R values for reducing your zenith angles. This...
Theo again no. Surveyors do not always account for both effects separately. Typically when a total station is used, a constant is applied to correct f...
That might be the common ground in AI responses but it is wrong. The calculated trig elevation needs to be raised or higher or added to. A calculated ...
@theo You do not know what you are talking about Theo. Curvature Effect (\(C_{c}\)): Accounts for the spherical drop of the Earth. It causes ...
I'm not sure why you say the object appears higher. Even if I'm turning a zenith angle using a total station, the angle turned is greater than the ang...
If I'm on the ocean and reading a level rod at a large distance. I might read 25' when my level is 5' above the surface of the ocean. This makes the p...
Those entries can't be chronological. Or does everybody who lives in this county have a last name that begins with M? They're not listed alphabeticall...
Yes, this would be very good.
Another way they would know is when there is discrepancy between the cad and the paper. You staked and they built a 3' wide attached sidewalk adjoinin...
Burned No. Was sued along with everyone else involved in the condominium project. The plaintiff hired a 3rd party expert (surveyor) to review what we ...
Maybe it is standing between 2 points with your arms outstretched in opposite directions then bringing them together straight in front of you and now ...
@mathteacher No it is not. The point about which scaling occurs has changed. Or maybe a better way to state it; The first .1' in northing is not sca...
I may have misunderstood MightyMoe but I believe he was saying the point about which the scale factor was applied had changed. As opposed to the point...
Until you get sued and then have to defend why you didn't stake according to the signed plans but instead used a CAD file that was given to you with t...
They have continued at a steady pace so you can imagine where they are now.