Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 11:25 pm
Go to the Fema Map Service Center. Enter the address of your site. Search for all products. The 1st result will be the Firm Index map and it will show...
So if he were to find an NGS monument in the area of the point he is interested in, could he then compare the ellipsoid height changes and include tho...
It doesn't make sense that a lack of resolution equates nonacceptance. There will always be a time period between dedication and formal acceptance via...
Can we please repeat this over and over I’m not sure how much benefit there is to using high precision instruments in cadastral surveying since it is...
I am surveying a 15 acre property that was subdivided into 12 lots by recorded map in the late 1975.
I agree with your apparent conclusion. If you know the monuments have been relied on, then they are material. If you know the monuments have not been ...
28 north and 81 east will put you in India. lat 28 long 81 will put you in India. 28 north and 81 west will put you in Florida. lat 28 and long -81 ...
It should have a lot of relevance. What do you mean by "the deed controls"? It was a survey done by a professional who expressed his opinion of what t...
It is a document and is made a public record by recording it. Why would anything else be relevant?
Typically horizontal tolerances for piles are pretty loose. Find out what they are as that will have a huge impact on the method needed to locate them...
When you say the rover is doing all of the calculations do you mean up to the point of determining its current lat long position? Or do you mean that ...
Better yet. Ask for 2 coordinate values for each control point. 1 set on Nevada State Plane East and the other set of coords to be Local Ground values...
If someone designed this facility on state plane coords and want it built at ground dimensions I'll eat my shoe. That did not happen. If they give dim...
Is 0.18' an expected miss for your GPS equipment? Using the equipment I'm familiar with, missing that far in elevation is an indication of something w...
I'm not sure about your horizontal but you have a vertical issue also. You shot between 48-45, 47-46, and 47-48. With the trig elevations looking fine...
I'm not sure I understand State Plane at a scale of 1.00000. If it is State Plane coords, I wouldn't then say with a scale of 1.0000. That should be i...
Is it possible that the correction being sent by the base is a coordinate correction that is calced by the base based on the lat longs and without kno...
Did that here point have local coordinates associated with it? The lat long has to be associated with some other location I believe. Maybe it is possi...
It could be a number of things but this is an obscure one. If your base does not have a correction to transmit, it will look like everything you descr...