AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:55 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1165
Reply
RE: quick RTK Base/Rover question

I'm not sure if it really matters, but I'm thinking I want a correction based off the same constellation of sats. As opposed to the base sending a cor...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Property boundaries location with 100-year survey plan

Good find and nice pictures. the prettiest picture would have been the one you took after putting the rod back in the same place you found it.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Am I the only one who thinks this is wrong?

Make the effort to remember that the bearings used in a metes and bounds description on a survey plat should agree with the labels on each boundary ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Connection between GPS coordinates and local coordinates.

You need a point in the local system that has a known UTM coordinate. Without that you only have 2 coordinate systems that have no relationship to eac...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Is This Fair/Legal?

To my knowledge rural area surveys have always been allowed more leeway than urban areas. Why should a farmer have to pay for the precision necessary ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

So I think this explains it. The refraction correction is typically 1/7th that of the curvature and opposite. Thus the following that I found adds con...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

This is of no real help to your question, but you should be aware many data collectors will also apply the curvature and refraction correction so one ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson BRX7 and Skyplots from Rinex Files

He's getting positional value from the GNSS satellites. He wants to know their azimuth above the horizon so that he can exclude the ones that may not ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Broken-back Curves

I've always thought it was a common term for two curves spaced very close together but otherwise common curves with nothing else unusual. Much like re...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Precision

Field Dog you can turn enough sets of angles with a 5sec gun to get the same results as a 1sec gun. He can alleviate his proprty corner concern withou...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Scale Factor

When you publish your work i.e. a subdivision plat, your are claiming that information shown to be true. If your are not going to claim 267.2589 then ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge Deformation Study

Any one asking for that accuracy or promising that accuracy has no business being involved in the bridge project.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

I only have a vague recollection of always moving the scope up and down after turning on the total station and before beginning any work but I can't r...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Prism constant for Nikon?

I've used a different Nikon total station where the offset was always assumed to be negative so you had to put in 30 for -30.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

Individual responsibility is in no way absurd.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OnX Property Boundaries ... Is this Surveying?

I love the property lines disappearing on the zoom in. That would eliminate so many misunderstood conclusions. Just don't give them the opportunity to...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Title lines versus ownership lines

If a surveyor told me he could collect all the evidence relating to the boundary of my property but he was unable to express a professional opinion as...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Title lines versus ownership lines

"...lines described in recorded title transfer documents pertaining to real land." tell you where to look for the boundaries.The boundaries are found ...

2 years ago
Page 14 / 59