AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: More bizarre OPUS behavior

That's VERY strange (ghost in the machine). Did you select the three CORS for OPUS to use, or let OPUS chose them? Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Another OPUS error thread

@inkcurt I just sent you an Email

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid and True North

Unless we are talking about a "BLM True Bearing, True Distance" PLAT, in which EACH line (a loxodrome unless DUE North/South) is a function of the uni...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid and True North

I'm not sure that I "despise" it, but it IS somewhat ambiguous, which is NOT a good thing. If used on a PLAT, it should be explicitly defined (eg. Ast...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: The pesky state line

@mathteacher The only way I know of...is to simply TIE a few of the (supposed to be SPC) points into the NSRS, and "do the math." Obviously if "one"...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: The pesky state line

ASSUMING that: 1. State/County #1 ƒ??State Planeƒ? data is expressed in NAD83(2011), and 2. State/County #2 ƒ??State Planeƒ? data is expressed in NA...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: The pesky state line

In Civil 3D...no clue. I do have a bunch of DOS programs that will do that slicker than snot on a doorknob. ????

7 years ago
Reply
RE: averaging observations after calibrating site

Just curious, but what does "state plane" have to do with anything. Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

I disagree (a LOT) with that statement. Would a Title Attorney hire a paralegal (or rookie attorney) to review a title abstract, if he/she couldn't re...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

I resemble that remark!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS printing problem

Right on Dave, I use NOTEPAD for all sorts of things, including RINEX files, as well as those[sometimes] godawful spreadsheet created .csv files, alth...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS printing problem

Ditto! I always get the extended output report, so after I save the entire file, I cut the top 50 lines (or so) off the top, and print it/them out. Th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: UNAVCO Real time stations

I dunno John. I do know that PBO (and UNAVCO) stations are configured in several different ways, and some that are NOT in the NGS CORS Network, are li...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: A multi tool for surveyors

Pith Cutter...someone gave me one of these bout 100 years ago, but I have no idea where it is now.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon .tps file import problem

Use "TPS2RIN"?ÿ or "TEQC" to convert the file to RINEX. You can do a search to find links to either program. Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Been doing this for too long

@paden-cash I here ya buddy! A couple of years ago a local surveyor here in town (that I have known since he was a 3' tall) mentioned recovering a T...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: HORRIBLE OPUS results

Thanks John. I have always "preferred" to identify only Continuously Operating Reference Stations that are part of the NGS Network (NCN?) as CORS. If ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: HORRIBLE OPUS results

@john-hamilton Well John, if it's within 10km of the Black Rock, it AIN'T a "CORS," it must be a RTN network station, because the nearest CORS is abo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: HORRIBLE OPUS results

Black Rock Playa??? Man-o-man, that brings back some memories! I spent several years working around Rosebud (just East of the Black Rock) back in the ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Career Opportunity

@gene-kooper I spent a week or so on the East Coast of Prince of Wales Island (SE Alaska) back in the 80s, on a hard rock exploration project. BEAUTI...

7 years ago
Page 37 / 187