AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: An 1880 Pin Cushion!

Neat stuff Gene! Over the years I have seen/recovered/used quite a few Triangulation Networks ranging from the 1880s up into the early 1900s (all mini...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you deal with the heat?

84?ø F. here today...TOO frick'ing HOT for my liking, but I don't complain (much) until we hit high 80s/90s (when I complain a LOT). I don't see any r...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Choosing 'best' coordinates of base station based on multiple days of surveying

Not really, a LOT of the project is UPHILL from there (up to about 9400+). ????

7 years ago
Reply
RE: ran into mountain lion

Working "solo" (or very near so) in REMOTE areas for most of my life, I have [pretty much] always carried a firearm. The choice of firearm varies with...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Choosing 'best' coordinates of base station based on multiple days of surveying

Here are the OPUS results on a Control Point that we set last year. Distance to the CORS were 96.2 miles Westerly, 84.9 miles Northerly, and 78.6 mile...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Choosing 'best' coordinates of base station based on multiple days of surveying

Did all three OPUS solutions use the SAME three CORS? If not, resubmit and make sure that they do! Are all three CORS "good" ones? Some of the CORS co...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS work

Just because you are using GPS, DOES NOT mean you have to use State Plane, or any other canned projection that doesn't "fit" what you need to do on th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: CONVERTING DECIMAL DEGREES TO DMS IN EXCEL TO TWO PLACES (EXAMPLE 10?ø47'25.32")

I know NOTHING about EXCELL (or any other such program, I never had any use for them), but wouldn't a negative Longitude (North America for example) b...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 971
Reply
RE: NGS Coordinate Conversion and Transformation Tool (NCAT)

Howdy Shelby, I don't have much to add. I have been "playing around" with NCAT a bit lately, and as with most "models" results vary somewhat. In virtu...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Letƒ??s go Metric they said, Itƒ??ll be fun they said...

I'm all for "going metric," in fact I had hoped that we were going to do that in 1986 when NAD83 came out. I will REALLY get on board when my pint of ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot Scheduled to Die of Natural Causes in 2022

My feelings exactly, the USC&GS/NGS has been using meters for a long time, and NAD83 was originally going to be a metric system. I don't see any v...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot Scheduled to Die of Natural Causes in 2022

I dunno boys, I see this as another "fix'n something that ain't broke." I'll bet even money that in the short term (next decade or so), it will CAUSE ...

7 years ago
Page 38 / 187