AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
loyal
loyal
@loyal
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 11:11 pm
Last seen: June 28, 2026 8:47 pm
Topics: 212 / Replies: 3523
Reply
RE: Young Surveyor

As always...it depends! Here in the Great Basin, PLSS (Section Township Range) Bearing Trees, are NORMALLY measured to the "center of the tree," howe...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest monument?

Wood Post Section Corner set in 1854 or 1855, found mound of stones w/ [dead] Bearing Tree. Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Might need a little help

Ya better keep an eye out for Rodan, Mothra, etc...things could get complicated. 🙂

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark on Surveying and Boundaries

I have the Fourth Edition (1976) and although I believe that it is worth reading (I guess), I was never very impressed with it. Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Serial Port Repair, Ranger Data Collector

Hex drives (Allen Wrenches) come in both SAE and Metric, you probably need the "other" one. Loyal ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Need help interpreting these coordinates

I agree with Norman. Most likely Easting/Northing. ASSUMING that "they" are UTM Coordinates in meters (which they look like); Your property is abou...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Can someone explain this to me please? UTM

Not very well stated, but it appears (to me) that they are talking about "NAD83" (realization ???) Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) Zone 14 Coordin...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro help to Translate and Rotate

Agree 100% While the age-old 2-dimensional ƒ??scale & rotateƒ? technique still has a place in modern surveying, its [proper] application is limit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

I've got one of those up on the shelf. A GREAT tool, that was worth it's weight in gold (and probably cost nearly as much back in the day). Loyal

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

Yeah, well lots of folks still use the term "tin foil" when referring to Aluminum Foil, even though tinfoil went the way of the Dodo Bird over 70 year...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Diagonal PLSS Aliquot Part Patents

I dunno Bill, I might be missing something here, but all of the Witness Corners appear to be ON LINE except the WC for the ?¬ Corner of Sections 20/29...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Diagonal PLSS Aliquot Part Patents

Interesting, the MTP indicates that the Original Patents do NOT reflect the diagonal Boundaries. It doesn't look (to me) like the "new" Field Notes ar...

7 years ago
Page 29 / 187