AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Replace bearing format with azimuth format in Carlson Survey

Settings >Carlson Config >Drawing Setup >Angle Format

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 27
Views: 2533
Reply
RE: Best Software for Beginner

For corridors and highway design I prefer using Microstation w/ InRoads. For site design I prefer using Carlson TakeOff w/ AutoCAD oem. I use TBC only...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson 2016 with intellicad 8.1

Brad Ott, post: 362582, member: 197 wrote: Oh yeah, by the way does anybody have a romant.shx file they would please share with me? Brad, Try this f...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Tools v8.2

If all else fails. I suggest installing a newer version, ie Magnet Tools 3.3, this should install the proper third party apps needed. Then try to laun...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: FS exam questions

A student with 4 year degree in Surveying from ABET accredited program is eligible to take the FS.Sounds like you don't have this.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: BIM 360

Pitfalls - It will create a very large DWG with file if the BIM model contains multiple floors. You need to navigate in 3d, while adjusting view depth...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Photos - contrast in survey diversity

Yuriy Lutsyshyn, post: 361565, member: 2507 wrote: was wondering what data collection software are you running on the toughpad. Topcon Magnet Field ...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 848
Reply
RE: High Rise Monitoring Survey

Also consider building sway. Sometimes all the new technology just NOT needed, or not the correct tool. I have seen surveyor try using using robots an...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Why not DC software on IOS or Android?

Adam, post: 360870, member: 8900 wrote: It's for recievers only.Adam,More specifically. It is only for Javad receivers, and from what Nate says, not c...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Why not DC software on IOS or Android?

Don't that's wm, post: 360866, member: 8900" wrote: RFC, Javad has an Android and I phone app that will control the recievers. I use it quite often, Y...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Why not DC software on IOS or Android?

The BIM industry is introducing similar data collection/layout apps to IOS and Android. BIM 360 GLUE by Autodesk is and Apple IOS app that works with ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Huge bridges and earthquake design

If I remember correctly derivatives were part of my Calc I and Calc II class. The only part of surveying that I know is part of calculus has to do wit...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Huge bridges and earthquake design

Holy Cow, post: 360788, member: 50 wrote: Took in a structural engineering education conference on Thursday. PDH's to the rescue at renewal time!!!!!...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surfaces and Bridges

I model bridge decks all the for heavy highway project throughout NY and NYC. Also model the barriers. Example

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Got that new toy smell!

Big Al, post: 360643, member: 837 wrote: Pat, If I bought Magnet software, would it facilitate hybrid positioning between the Sokkia SRX3 and a Topcon...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surfaces and Bridges

Eddy,Build the 3d breaklines, then at the bridge approach along cut brraklins along scew angle. Create surface from breaklines.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surfaces and Bridges

I make a "dirt" for the for my clients, which use withachine guidance in dozer or grader. Along with a bridge deck surfaces, if requested. But Not muc...

11 years ago
Page 87 / 110