AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: DOT RTN / VRS guru suggestions needed.

Luke J. Crawford, post: 416944, member: 11382 wrote: We've had KeyNet for 3+ years, no complaints thus far. We made a switch to Leica TPS & GPS a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT RTN / VRS guru suggestions needed.

Here is the datum statement from NYSNET:Horizontal: Prior to November 4, 2012, NYSDOT CORS positions are based on the North American Datum of 1983, CO...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT RTN / VRS guru suggestions needed.

Run long static session, then post process yourself. Download static data from both the systems. Use interactions to constrain one system, to check th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT RTN / VRS guru suggestions needed.

I use NYSNET with Sokkia, and Topcon equipment all over NY from Buffalo to Long Island and I never trust elevations. I often measure only one RTN loca...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT RTN / VRS guru suggestions needed.

Why did you use mount point for nearest site in NYSNET? Why not use GGD Max RTCM to gain atmosphere correction?How far are you from each base?Did you ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Shopping - What Kind of Tablet do I need?

Do you or your staff have a background in 3d surface models?The drone part is quite simple and can be done with producer grade or commercial grades dr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge/Channel Survey

Like this5.2Km Tappan Zee Bridge across a River

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Shopping - What Kind of Tablet do I need?

A few fixes in newer versions. Two things to know.1). In Pix4d capture you can disable upload files to cloud.2). With the P4P the RC is cabled to your...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: SOKKIA ROBOT & RC-PR5

Treat it like a precision instrument, not like a pry bar.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Combine drone measurments and terrestrial.

Assuming you used GCP's on the datum. Then import the cloud data into you CAD program. Combine it with your total station points.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: diy CORS?

Matt,Yes, Verizon is a cellphone service provider in USA.If you already have Topcon Magnet Field, then I suggest you try that with Magnet Relay. Relay...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Aerial Targets???

They could be for mobile scanning.Are they at set intervals along shoulder of roadway?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: diy CORS?

mattb, post: 415912, member: 8629 wrote: I can use a base and Rover via radio, naturally limited to the length of the baseline, can the same be done ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Shopping - What Kind of Tablet do I need?

If you don't have 4G modem, then you need enough disk space to cache the background maps.You should turn off WiFi when flying drone. The drone use is ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Shopping - What Kind of Tablet do I need?

I use the Ipad Pro 9.7" with a 3d printed extension $10.With the IPad Air 2 and a protective case, you'll still need the extension to hold it securely...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Drone Shopping - What Kind of Tablet do I need?

GMPLS, post: 415867, member: 8404 wrote: I think you can get the 4 pro with its own screen. I'm not sure how good an option that is though. I have an ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Raw Data Questions

MS SURV, post: 414560, member: 10318 wrote: Thank you Lee. I figured out the stake issue in settings. Had stake points "save as" set to Next Point ins...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Raw Data Questions

When you setup your BackSight with Magnet Field you are pressing the "SET" button to measure the distance and set angle. This does NOT write the resul...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Side-by-Side / ATV questions

tomchurch, post: 414198, member: 10174 wrote: We are about to start a big utility line project that is about 17 miles long. The terrain is rough and w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Side-by-Side / ATV questions

Make sure what ever you buy, add a good winch. Get winch rope, not a metal cable.

10 years ago
Page 69 / 110