AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Point Cloud Viewer

Look at the vendor of the software you used to create the point cloud. I use Pix4D, TopoDOT, and Faro, they all have a unique web based browser interf...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Your ideal course requirements for a surveying degree?

One example of blending procedures. Teach the students to layout a house using only a steel tape and math. Check it with a transit or total station. ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Free CAD software

Here is an Engineers design done in pencil, that I just received last week. It is like stepping back in time 30 years, but we can build it from the fe...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Free CAD software

@Wendell?ÿ Actually, that is true. If you want to make a few sketches on paper I will help with the drafting. Or you can contact Carlson. I believe ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Angle Tolerances

Hz (r+l) = Hz angle Right + Hz angle Left 5" setting maybe too low for your 5" instrument.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: The best robotic total station ?

Topcon GT1201 w/ Magnetfield on FC6000. Of course!?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Wood shortage

He is in Poland NY. I' just stop at his house to speak with him. He doesn't have a phone. But the Amish relay calls through the local hardware store i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Wood shortage

I'd hook you with my supplier, but he is Amish. Not sure he'd deliver in NJ. I just drove by his place he has probably a 1000 in stock.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New member - NS, Canada

NY here, its in the NE. How's the moose hunting up there?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Recommendations for light weight conventional 5" total station

Topcon GT Robot for sure. I'm working in a cleanroom with my GT1001 and Leica Traverse set. My double angles are less than 2" horizontal and vertical...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying is so simple

His budddy knows where the boundary line is, used the OnX Hunt app on the cell phone.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: There is a need for a land specialist profession

In past few months nearly heald the incoming calls start with "how much for a survey". I tell them it depends, are we dealing with half an acre or 500...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: There is a need for a land specialist profession

I agree. Recently I have a client from Florida that builds storage facilities in many states. They wanted a topo only in a NY parcel. I had to add the...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Crossing 7's and Z's

I took technical drating in high school and learned early to draw a two like this 2. I hate seeing the loop in the lower part of a number two.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Procedures for Setting Boundary Monumentation by GNSS

Setup your base and rover for RTK, don't use network RTK.?ÿ Use RTK to establish three control points in open sky near corner to be set.?ÿ Setup ins...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Plans in Color

A plan that was drawn in color can work well so long as you follow the rules. Since most CAD operators use the background color 'black' they tend to u...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment busted traverse. Help

@Ricklife I don't have time to help with this, but curiosity got the best of me. A few things that jump out at me. Your dates and times in the raw...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjustment busted traverse. Help

Just pull out the raw data and re-process it either via cogo or a calculator.?ÿ If you can't, then work with someone that knows how. I can help as a c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 2" Total Stations and Use

Some 1" instruments also have better EDM, tribrach, optical, plummets. I ran 3" guns for 20 years and thought the same as most of you. But after runni...

4 years ago
Page 6 / 110