Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
This level works excellent with Magnet Field and Bluetooth.?ÿ
I don't understand why surveyors don't show or share baseline data when projects are going to be used for design and require stakeout. This practice i...
Sounds like you have Hiper VR units. Yes, these will always turn on when the charging cable is immediately plugged in. I suggest after plug in, you wa...
This will work with double center (direct/reverse) in the topo settings. You just will not get a seperate backsight reading.in your set.
You want to do distance offset while performing an angle set collection??ÿ That's just not possible. Why would turn multiple angles to a point that i...
That's not true. Magnet Field set collection does not identify the difference between sideshot or traverse points. You can set collection to any point...
Are you using the Hiper V with Pocket3D software for Construction or Magnet Field?
@mightymoe?ÿ I'm near the foothills of the Adirondacks (~5000' elev at the peak) in NY. The OP mentioned he was down state NY. That could be near the...
@mightymoe?ÿ Yes, near edge with elevation. Less than a mile from the edge of East and Central zones at elevation of ~1300ft.
Here are a few Combined Factors in NY State, where I have been recently. STATE PLANE COORDINATES SPC (3101 NY E) Combined Factor?ÿ ?ÿ0.99986421 50...
We use a center punch on the end of the rod. Then set a magnail. If concrete is green pound it in. Else use a cordless hammer drill. We set nails on a...
@mightymoe?ÿ The OP's project is 0.8 miles (4224ft), not 800ft.?ÿ
We need more information. Here a few questions that come to mind. Did you try to constrain a single point? Is you data static or kinematic? Are the...
With so much data available via GIS every topo project we do is on SPC in my area. The main reason some topo projects around here are on assumed datum...
Be sure to use the correct scale factor. Not always scale down from ground to grid. I live a mile from the edge of SPC zones and it would be scale up ...
Carlson is very new to scanner market and they only work with terrain. RockRobotics will do a better job on terrain. TopoDOT requires Microstation but...
I'm in NY and can help. If the nearest RTN base is farther than 5 miles then NYSNET may not be sufficient to get you on SPC, as the error ellipses may...
@catfishhoward?ÿ As mentioned I have setup CG survey DOS version on Windows 7 and 10 using Microsoft Virtual Machine. We didn't need to use the plug ...