AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field - Setup Base on Known Point

Lee knows way more about machine control than I do, or than I want to learn. But, all the people I give control to that use machine control calibrate ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field - Setup Base on Known Point

s there any varying degree of accuracy between a localization and using state plane coordinate system? Yes there is. If you have state plane coordi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field - Setup Base on Known Point

You either imported or keyed-in your coordinates into a job file setup as local ground datum. Then you changed the datum to a state plane projection a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field - Setup Base on Known Point

localize all our projects You mentioned using a state plane projection and a localization in the same project. This is your problem. Choose one and...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Mobile LiDAR

No need for RTK, just use PPK. Can use your base or any near by CORS collecting static at 1hz.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Cert

@david3038?ÿ Send files to [email protected]?ÿ Also?ÿ need reciever type, and?ÿ antenna heights.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Cert

I suggest you not rely on OPUS for vertical as they only use GPS data, not GNSS. If you have GNSS recievers send me your rinex files (or TPS) and I pr...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Station position compromised

then picked up the setup and moved it about 20'. No alert. Am I missing something here? I think the answer is Yes. You are missing the concept of h...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia gcx3

The GCX3 has 8gb of storage for static data. You can down load the static files via USB cable or Bluetooth.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: RR ROW CL vs Design CL?

It looks most of the main line is a single track that is offset from the ROW Centerline alignment. However, at Sta 890+00 a Passing Track begins and t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: WEATHER

this was my high...started at -12F?ø ?ÿ This was a dry cold ???ÿ Dry would be good. ?ÿ Last weekend we had a dry cold snow storm. We call it l...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: WEATHER

Had heavy ran with 42?øF temperature this morning. At noon turned to heavy snow, Temps dropped to single digits with wind. Power has been out for a c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 1 project-2 coordinate systems

I recommend two datums on large projects. This keeps GPS outside the building, and EDM inside the building. We use SPC coordinates for site work and ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Question for you Topcon guys

When this box is left unchecked your EDM distances will be computed from ground to grid using the CSF computed at each setup by your chosen projection...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting up control for construction site

Every site is different.?ÿ Are you doing site work or BIM such as concrete and steel layout? I tried to avoid any type of localization or calibration...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Post processing point cloud software

I use Global Mapper for open terrain. TopoDot for detailed features with lots of curb and buildings.?ÿ Pix4D Survey is a kinda in-between the two a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: AVERAGE SLOPE OF A PROFILE

In my experience this can be done with TopoDot in Microstation.?ÿ Which is a point cloud utility.?ÿ The user will need to define parameters such as mi...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Plumbness of a chimney

Several terrestrial scans and control points with robot. Then cut 3d sections every 25ft or so.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do if forced to retire?

I'd find a suitable college where I could teach surveying and construction layout.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Our old pal Shawn Billings

When did Shawn leave Javad? Wondering what he is doing now? Back in practice?

4 years ago
Page 4 / 110