AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Creating RFP for control benchmarks for layout.

Anchor bolts. That is a different story. You mentioned GNSS and Machine Control. Control for anchors does not work with GNSS. That is a whole differen...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Creating RFP for control benchmarks for layout.

They likely?ÿused an RTN or VRS, on a 2-meter pole with no bipod, along with only a few seconds of occupation time. This procedure often?ÿyields HRMS/...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting up Topcon Magnet Field for WGS84 UTM10 ESPG32610

I'm using?ÿEGM2008.grd?ÿfor Marshall Island. I think this is a worldwide GEOID, as the file is 149Mb. I don't see the?ÿESPG32610.?ÿ Seems it is a proj...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting up Topcon Magnet Field for WGS84 UTM10 ESPG32610

Just happens I am setting up a job in the Marshall Islands, and had to answer a similar?ÿto myself. ESPG32610 is not something I've seen before

8 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Solution doesnt match RTN

Posted by: BurnorMJ So I recently, was on a new job and installed a magnail in a curb as control. Using the R10 unit we have I used RTN to set the poi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Solution doesnt match RTN

The feet vs meters difference?ÿaccounts for 8.50ft in vertical. Wow, this is becoming too much?ÿof a common problem among?ÿ"surveyors" and or GIS. In ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: 3D Aerials From UAS Software - Legal Question

Really you had your part 107 for a couple of years? I thought it just started in August of 2017, but I may be wrong.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: 3D Aerials From UAS Software - Legal Question

Also, beware of the user agreements stated by cloud processing sites such as Drone Deploy and Map Made Easy. Which?ÿoften state that they reserve the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collector for Total Station

In that case they could supply power via charging cable to turn on the display. NiCAD and Lithium batteries have a short lifespan, and once they go co...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collector for Total Station

Correct. The cables are still available to purchase, New. Beware of bad ports with bent or broken pins on used controllers.?ÿ It may be difficult to f...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collector for Total Station

I imagine that just about every data collector made after 1990 will work a Topcon GTS-Series. You will need a cable. The ports?ÿand pins are often the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Machine Control - Radio Link Intermittent

We find it works best when a Topcon Base pushes signal to Trimble and Topcon machine control. A site that started last fall had a base pushing signal ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Charging for control

Moe, I did have the CAD file for that topo, but there were no control points, no baseline, no traverse, and no BM's in it. I called the surveyor and h...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Charging for control

Here is an example of what I hate to see, but this is normal around here. ?ÿ ?ÿ

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Picture Perfect Day

LOL. If we had temps like that around here, we'd have to cut a hole in the ice and jump in the lake to cool off.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Picture Perfect Day

Wish I was on a beach in Florida. This is maple syrup season in the North East. Cold nights in the teens, warm sunny days in the 40's. Trouble is we s...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK vs PPK vs Fast Static accuracies

Sounds like your client is asking for you to verify the drone data for an accuracy statement on the plat, as per 2014 National Standard for Spatial Da...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best way to survey this?

Some Data collection software have routines for this, such as Carlson and Microstation PowerSurvey. You can create template series of shots, then meas...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 1347
Page 45 / 110