AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

If I apply the correct CSF via OPUS, coordinates are still off by several feet. if I divide the northing of rogue datum from the northing of opus, the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@shawn-billings No metadata was provided. Just a coordinate list with the datum. I did notice red flag in the datum statement. ?ÿ ?ÿ Horizontal datum ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: UAS Time, Workflow

There are too many variables to determine processing time. ?ÿSuch as: ?ÿCamera type and size?ÿ of the image?ÿThe processing softwareComputer cpu, spee...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@jerrys Not the case here. I'm told the control was established in 2010.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

One part the client loses, is the ability to overlay GIS data on top of topo data. Local counties have alot of free data.?ÿ When other surveyors are s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@dave-karoly Looks like they tried to scale SPC grid to ground at 0,0. I wonder how many  projects they screwed up, since this was done in 2010...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@mark-mayer I would not consider scaling grid to ground in this manor a mis-communication, that is just wrong. If they wanted ground coordinates it s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

@bill93 I'm not interested in how the error occurred. It is amazing this error went unnoticed for 10 years. A simple check would have identified the ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR missed NAD83 by 191ft

Not NAD27, around here there is about 500,000ft in the easting between 27 and 83.

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 66
Views: 1293
Reply
RE: Move or Copy in Magnet Field

Not sure why you want to copy points in your survey controller. But this can be done by exporting points to TXT, and importing it back into the same j...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Move or Copy in Magnet Field

Yes, I know how. Depending?ÿ upon a few things you can?ÿ translate, rotate and scale linework in Magnet. Did you import the line work? What version of...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Property line and construction staking with a robotic

I add a second level vial at about 34" above the ground,?ÿ to all of my prism poles (both EDM and RTK poles). This helps with measuring taller monumen...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Linework and Codes

@cmorrowcals I know exactly what you need. As noted use custom and styles. When I get a chance I can send screen or you can contact me from my websit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field to Civil 3D

Yes you can do this with Custom Topcon Export and design the styles in MAGNET FIELD. Also, if you install Magnet Field on your PC that has Civil3d ins...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Buffalo Beerlegger?

@wendell Sorry I could not make it. I had to process some data and put out a few fires. The troubles of working as a solo surveyor. This afternoon may...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Buffalo Beerlegger?

@klsnbms Let's meet at Mooneys about 5:30 or 6.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Buffalo Beerlegger?

Wendell, I'm getting ready to go that direction myself, for an overnight. I'm flying the drone on projects in Buffalo, Tonawanda and Niaraga Falls on ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Linework and Codes

@cmorrowcals No, multi codes are NOT only viewable in MAGNET OFFICE. The multi codes are viewable in all raw data and exports from Magnet Field. You ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Linework and Codes

Yes, you can accomplish this with multi-codes. I'm not sure if it works in Quick Codes. In Topo click on the CODES button at center-left. Then select ...

7 years ago
Page 25 / 110