AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: ELECTRONIC FILE TRANSFER AGREEMENT Language

@dmyhill Most plans today have no dimensions, no bm and no baseline.?ÿ Yes, a surveyor can scale the paper plans for layout. But no two will place it...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Optimum Field Crew Set-up

I'm solo also, and hate paper in the field. I spend time in the office making deed plots in cad. Try to best fit them the best I can. Note all monumen...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New member

Welcome! Vertical construction projects, BIM!! Working on a few myself right now. Tomorrow on the 6 sixth floor to measure slab edges. This project ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: ELECTRONIC FILE TRANSFER AGREEMENT Language

@john-putnam You are 100% correct. Most projects today can't be constructed from the PDF/Paper plans alone. I believe 95% of the drawings today come ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Existing Sokkia GRX-1 base and rover system. Upgrade or not?

@nate-the-surveyor No need for that. I live only a 12 miles from Duane Frymire. If I needed to see it, I'd contact him. We did meet on a project seve...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Existing Sokkia GRX-1 base and rover system. Upgrade or not?

@nate-the-surveyor Yes, I do the same with my gear. In woods,, I run my gear similar to your LS. I collect static at the base and rover, while doing ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Existing Sokkia GRX-1 base and rover system. Upgrade or not?

@nate-the-surveyor Yes, I remember. You also used some old L1 gear. Was it Locus? ?ÿI feel the OP can do well with adding static and post processing...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

@350rocketmike Learning all that equipment sounds frustrating. Like driving a foreign rental car for the first time from an airport, not knowing wher...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

@350rocketmike Why does your boss own so many flavors of equipment? You've mentioned Sokkia, Topcon,?ÿ Leica and Trimble. If you stay on this board l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Existing Sokkia GRX-1 base and rover system. Upgrade or not?

I had a feeling this thread was going to turn into a Javad commercial.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

@350rocketmike I notice you are just across the lake (Ontario) from me. For large construction sites, I like to set a permanent BASE pole in concret...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

@350rocketmike Have your tied a Hyrbrid system RTK/EDM? Your boss is correct, RTK is not good for the building corner layout. I would set a few contr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

What are you staking? Why not RTK?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

Assuming youuse a tripod w/ tribrach at the backsight. Why would you need the Bluetooth to reach the backsight 300m away?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Really ticked off at Parani Bluetooth adaptors

@350rocketmike I notice a theme also. What type of construction layout are you doing at 300m from the gun? I don't like to go much farther than 100m ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Existing Sokkia GRX-1 base and rover system. Upgrade or not?

If you're spending 30-60 minutes trying to catch an RTK fix, you'd be much better off collecting Static data at the Base and Rover for a more reliable...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The future of surveying

Yes, I've been thinking of this also. Place a sensor at the monument, similar to dog ID with proximity mode. This would be useful for the NASA/Drone m...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: carlson RT4 upload

I use a cloud service (Google Drive) on all my PC's and DC. Map the folder as drive a G:. Whenever I'm connected to WiFi or a cell modem the files ar...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: I'd like a 3/4" pipe driver

Try a high impact deep well socket ?ÿ

5 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Anyone run a robotic TS all day long?

@jim-frame I'm almost always looking at the robot, and rarely go beyond 300ft.

5 years ago
Page 17 / 110