AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

This must be residential work. I'm on a lot of commercial sites where everyone has the right to stop work on a project if conditions are not safe. Als...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a new Plotter

Last month I purchased an EPSON SC T3170M. This is a 24" wide color plotter and scanner. Has a roll feed and sheet feed. Works great. Much faster than...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking a Concrete Pad for Residential

Definitely ask the contractor installing the concrete, do not guess. He will know what works best, what direction he will dig, and how concrete will b...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there a Civ 3D tool that correct occupation errors?

@bushaxe From this statement I would think @cworld29 is a student. Your comments have merrit for an experinced crew, but this student seems to be lear...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Is there a Civ 3D tool that correct occupation errors?

There are a dozen ways to fix this. Yes, TopSurv v7 does allow you to edit the raw data. You could download a demo version of Magnet Field and do th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Closure Program

I've used it with manual entry, works fine for me. The key is in naming the point ID'S and tagging the last two observations as "Use for Check" or sim...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Computing a coordinate from road as-builts...

@brad-ott?ÿ TS Tangent to Spiral SC Spiral to Curve CS Curve to Spiral?ÿ ST Spiral to Tangent

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Cheapest drone LiDAR and photogrammetry?

With high speed cable modem about 15 to 20 minutes to upload a project with 400 photos.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Cheapest drone LiDAR and photogrammetry?

Gregg, Can you share your experience with other models that you speak of? ?ÿ Nate & Bruce, The drone processing software is pretty straightfor...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Closure Program

Read the manual. Go to YouTube. Get some training. You'd be surprised how much you can learn. Not sure why you ask these questions here.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: BAD DESIGN

Ooops. This is what happens when the layout is done by the construction crew, without a surveyor. The Engineers CAD file does show this light pole in ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Pocket 3D questions from Canada

@cpo?ÿ You are correct. Suggest upgrade to a Windows PC tablet for large projects. That 500 use a very old version of Windows Mobile. You are using 2...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Pocket 3D questions from Canada

I'm not familiar with the "zoom to" command you speak. Also, I have not seen any screen lock-ups with Pocket3d. Can you describe how you use this comm...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK bluetooth to wifi camera

There are lots of GeoTAG apps out there that do this. This is similar to PPK working with Drone imagery. We collect static data at the base, then run ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stockpile Volume Calcs with UAV

@shelby-h-griggs-pls?ÿ I don't like to fly areas larger than 100 acres. Although I have flown 400 acres for 2d ortho only at 400ft AGL. For 3d I fly ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stockpile Volume Calcs with UAV

Calcing volumes 10 times on a single project may be enough of an incentive to get your Part 107 and a Drone. You could purchase a $1500 DJI P4 Pro 2.0...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Not enough stations for a resection - can I create another one like this?

I agree, why not just traverse from these two points back to another point for a check? It's called work for a reason. No easy button.?ÿ BTW: resecti...

5 years ago
Topic
Page 14 / 110