AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
leegreen
leegreen
@leegreen
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: August 21, 2011 7:32 am
Last seen: September 23, 2026 4:07 pm
Topics: 73 / Replies: 2114
Reply
RE: Preparing for the 2022 datum

@rj-schneider?ÿ The red flag was in the surveyors datum note which states: "NAD83 NY Western zone (Ground)" FYI, never apply scale factor to coordi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Preparing for the 2022 datum

I would contribute this is due to ignorance. Over the past 20 years I have done a lot of construction site setup for GPS machine guidance system all o...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 658
Reply
RE: Preparing for the 2022 datum

@bigd1320?ÿ I believe we misunderstood your question because of your terminology. When using a VRS or RTN most assume you would utilize a known proje...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Preparing for the 2022 datum

The OP appears to be referring specifically to the use of a VRS network to a localization. He is asking if his local coordinates will change from a lo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Sokkia GRX2 no link between base and rover

Definitely need to check all settings in both recivers to ensure harmony.?ÿ At last resort replace firmware for modem and recievers.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

@brad-ott?ÿ If cell coverage is good, yes I will take a few minutes to collect coordinates with VRS or RTN. Then use this to start RTK. I will also c...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

@mightymoe?ÿ During reconn of large 100 acres plus tracts I setup my base with 4 constellations in wide open sky as I can find running static and RTK...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

@nate-the-surveyor I have one of those 25ft Hixon poles with bipod. There is a lot of sway up at 25ft. Works great for Wetland flag locations.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

@mark-mayer?ÿ In the Adirodacks our surveys have no open fields for RTK. Plus many large tracks have no cell coverage and poor UHF radio range due to...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

When surveying in dense Adirondack woods like this?ÿ43.7753456,-74.4089721 (Turn on Satellite view.) I doubt your Javad would be able to set pins wit...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

@stlsurveyor That looks like it maybe useful on West coast. Very few stations on the east coast.?ÿ But that reminds me. Brad don't forget to add a fe...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

2m poles with bipod or pole tripods. Never used the hold a pole devices. Verticals tolerances will be high in canopy. Also I suggest 10 second epoch r...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Static GPS in canopy

@bill93 Three receivers is the minimum I would suggest and ideal for setting coordinate pairs under canopy to go back with EDM for layout. Three units...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Preparing for the 2022 datum

No, it will not be just a few feet difference in the coordinates. It will likely be 100's of thousands of feet different in the coordinates. This way ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: PC laptop crashed

@brad-ott?ÿ Definitely load Windows 10. There will be many devices lacking Windows 11 drivers for atleast another 6 to 12 months.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How many VRS are using Galileo and Beidou?

A portion of NYSNET has four constellations.?ÿ For deep woods projects I set control points or occupy monuments with Static GNSS network using as man...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Receivers

I would hold on to those units for static networks. Just last week I drove 5 hours to Long island to verify 12 control points on a NYSDOT project. I h...

5 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Update to critique of my software

25 years ago we had DOS programs such as CG survey (now Carlson) and others that work like your software. Some still use it. Back then this type of no...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Cambridge MA vertical datum

@lurker?ÿ The Cambridge datum would?ÿ have to be higher the 88 datum to eliminate negative values. When I setup with CORS on 88 datum I see values l...

5 years ago
Page 12 / 110