AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Larry Best
Larry Best
@larry-best
Free
Joined: October 12, 2010 7:26 am
Last seen: July 17, 2026 12:43 pm
Topics: 59 / Replies: 701
Reply
RE: Boundary survey

I've been surveying for a lot of years but I don't think the sum of all those surveys adds up to 10,000 acres.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What would you do ?

Setting the corner or knowing about where to look doesn't matter. The wood pile or part of it has to go. People put brush piles on property corners al...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Weird EDM Error

In the early 90's i was using a Wild TS with a REC module, I can't remember the model no. where short sights, maybe less than 8 feet would consistentl...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Submitting surveys- a poll

Here in the Virgin Islands, we have a new acting Public Surveyor (not a surveyor, but that's another story). He's going all digital for submissions an...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Flagging corners

I flag corners for the client, the next surveyor and for myself. If the next surveyor doesn't see the corner I used, they're more likely to come up wi...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

I try to say Pavement and Right of Way and avoid saying Road or Street. Saves time

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

I haven't been on here for a long time and haven't gotten any notifications on the recent posts. I certainly appreciate the more recent comments. The ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: What's the weirdest thing found while surveying?

ATM The money was already gone. I'm sticking to that story.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: What's with OPUS?

Was working fine yesterday

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

The Board finally resumed and completed it's hearing a week ago. The engineer whose stamp was used changed his testimony under oath about the use of t...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 2614
Reply
RE: Plane Table Surveying - Repro Tables

I did one job on a plane table when I worked for Guerriere and Halnon in Massachusetts for about a year in the late 70's or early 80's. Maybe the boss...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

@makerofmaps The FOIA does not apply outside of the Federal Govt. and the VI does not have one. It does have a Public Records Act but there is no enf...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

6 weeks ago now, the Board finally held a hearing. My atty. served as prosecutor, the Board was judge and jury. The 2 accused of wrongdoing were repre...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE Resection Failure

That has happened to me. I assumed it was my mistake. Maybe not always. My other problem with SurvCE resection is: usually I need MY location of the ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of starting my own business. What advice do those of you have?

Stay healthy until Medicare. If anything goes wrong, deal with it the best you can.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

Thanks guys. I'll post as things develop. I know of 1 surveyor in the VI who lurks here. I wonder who else does.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

Thanks, hpalmer for asking. There has been another Board Meeting where my complaints have come up. They scheduled a hearing the matter, now delayed ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

@hpalmer In response to my complaints, Callwood ignored the issues I brought up and wrote about the arguments we have had about why it takes up to ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

@rplumb314 Every surveyor here says they agree with me but it's too dangerous for them to speak out. Same with RE agents and RE attys. There is no s...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 38