AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Larry Best
Larry Best
@larry-best
Free
Joined: October 12, 2010 7:26 am
Last seen: July 17, 2026 12:43 pm
Topics: 59 / Replies: 701
Reply
RE: Angle Iron as corners

The oldest survey that I could find of a property showed a fence all around. A more recent survey showed angle irons at the corners. But 1 of them see...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

It was interesting. You should have logged on. Reporters from the print and the on-line newspapers were there and about a dozen others. I think the bo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

On Friday, November 23, 2024 at 9 AM I attended a meeting by Zoom of the Board of Architects, Engineers and Land Surveyors where I read the following:...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

@protracted I don't know of any book on surveying here. The oldest survey I have retraced was from just after the transfer from Denmark in 1917 ( the ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

@hpalmer I will not back down on this. In November I attended a Borad of Registration meeting by Zoom where I read a statement to the Board to let th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

Jim, It may be just my paranoia, but who have you offended at NOAA?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Canon imagePROGRAF Feedback Request

I have an old iPF670 that an architect gave me when he moved into a smaller office. Works great

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 43
Views: 5723
Reply
RE: What is the vernier reading?

3.138" I learned to read the vernier on a transit in 1968 and was reading one as late as about 1983. So I have a caliper like this: that also re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How many shacknasty surveyors on this website?

I'm a lefty as is my sister and as was my father. He was forced to write right handed as a kid. His handwriting was barely legible and he started stut...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from the Caribbean!

Nate, I really don’t fish. Fish that feed on the reef (parrot fish, blue runners, barracuda and many others) carry ciguatera poison although people do...

3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 869
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 2
Views: 1260
Reply
RE: Hello from the Caribbean!

Welcome from St. John, US Virgin Islands. Barbados is one of a few islands I have yet to visit.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Members Map

@flga-2-2 you might want to postpone until it’s not so chilly. It’s been down to around 70 some nights.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer)

This was me 4 years ago with Effudex (sp?) treatment. It's a topical cream that they tell me attacks and removes pre-cancerous sun-damaged skin cells ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Basics, Sheet Sizes & Borders

Norman's ROS drawings do look good, but a border tells you that you have the entire drawing, not just a piece of it.?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Client changed my signed well plat

In the Virgin Islands, recorded surveys are changed. The govt. thinks that since they are "official" they must be correct. If they are not correct, th...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Altered documents and/or forgery.

Wow.?ÿ This is a revival of a thread started over nine years ago on a VERY important subject.?ÿ This place rocks! Yes! When I started a new thread, t...

4 years ago
Page 2 / 38