AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 910
Reply
RE: looking to branch out

Survey Regulations Success!> [sarcasm]I'm happy to report that our state survey society has now successfully lobbied the legislature to restrict us...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument carry

Ditto except for the 30 years.I had a Topcon GTS 225 that was carried on the tripod all the time for 6 years. With regular check-ups at Hayes, it was...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson14 Intellicad Snaps Question

If you still have the "READY" section on the bottom left -hover over that slightly grayer than the command line arearight mouseselect the options you ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon PS robot

I have the PS and like it pretty well. It is the first robot for me, so I can not compare it with others. From my experience with it:A few pros - tu...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod Conversion??

Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.The local university has about 10 tripods that will have one screw stuck or stripped on each tripod. I donated seve...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1391
Reply
RE: Stake to a template cross-section?

:good: 600' and building a swale seems like a project to do as squowse suggests.you could establish a site bm and keep cross section notes for the que...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: boundary established?

Looks like a follow-up conversation with the 80 year old man is in order.When I have ran into instances like this, it has often been easily solved by ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS/RTK Guidelines

JimmyLooks like Kentucky's was developed with an eye on the Georgia language.From 201 KAR 18:150 -Section 8. Global Positioning Systems. (1) It shall ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Client email

I could get on board with that answer as well.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Client email

:good: That is a very professional approach Mr. Adams. Well said.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Truck advice needed

> He drove a few days and decided he didn't like it. "Too high".He is right about that. I have a Ranger as the main work truck. I bought a F-150 ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Question?

The issue turns on professional understanding> You have obviously entirely misunderstood me.That very well may be. Sometimes that happens.In the m...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Question?

The issue turns on professional understanding> Are those technical minimums or are they standards of practice that leave the details up to the prof...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: corners

Kentucky - Yes"Unless an adequate monument already exists at each boundary corner, a professional land surveyor shall set a monument or a reference mo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: shovel not in truck

> Shovels are available at any Home Depot for $20.:good: I have so many "extra" shovels around that it is ridiculous.If I would ever organize my to...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Question?

The issue turns on professional understandingOne of many 'rules' to be followed by licensees in the medical field.I expect that there is no profession...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Gap

If I am following correctly, the west side of the hatched area is where a plat (with math errors) would place your subject line. The east side of the...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Professors, Instructors and Retired ?

Recently started non-tenured lecturer position. Hence my earlier PhD question.

12 years ago
Page 47 / 82