AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Legal Description Formatting

I have a friend who worked at a couple of different companies before ending up buying out the records when his then current employer passed.?ÿ At that...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Description Formatting

There is one surveyor in a nearby area that seems to like that all caps and string everything together format.?ÿ Not fun to read.?ÿ But unless we want...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Localization Situation

@leegreen Was looking for a different old post and happened across this one.?ÿ 2 sections, one top and one bottom.?ÿ they were not a matched pair fro...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Hilti pos robotic station opinions?

Found this: so would suspect rebranded Trimble instrument.?ÿ Might be able to compare specs with models of Trimble instruments to get an idea of wh...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's drafting music

The unplugged AIC album is still on of my favorites of that time period.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Related to the Related to "Trouble finding help post"...

There are faculty who have never worked on a field crew, so they would not even know to mention something like this to the students.?ÿ It is all theor...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Related to the Related to "Trouble finding help post"...

@party-chef I've often heard about the grumpy crew chiefs.?ÿ I was VERY fortunate that I started out with some really laid back crew chiefs who were ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Related to the "Trouble finding help " post

@holy-cow I agree with that one.?ÿ I know we (Kentucky) have had discussions about this.?ÿ I think (it has been a long time so I may be mistaken) tha...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Related to the "Trouble finding help " post

That is why I wish the survey had defined entry level clearly when it was given. When you mention 3, 6, or 12 months, I think more in terms of probat...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Trouble finding help...appropriate salary range/expectations

@aliquot I agree, the potential is there.?ÿ Unfortunately there are still many surveyors in the boundary market who do not take advantage of the pote...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Trouble finding help...appropriate salary range/expectations

@larry-best I agree.?ÿ I expect there are some licensed folks making less than $50K/yr. If i were to guess a profile, I would expect that would gene...

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: "POSTED"

A long while back, I bought 15 acres that were initially planned to be phase 2 of a subdivision development.?ÿ It is about half woods/half open and ri...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: mudflat digital leveling

When the lake levels around me are down in the winter time, I've done similar in some of the muddy areas for a total station set-up.?ÿ Of course the d...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: describe this

@ken-salzmann That's what I was thinking as well. ?ÿ Never seen one in person, but it looks like the ones they have worked with on episodes of This...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: describe this

@loyal I don't remember that episode, but another great time based one was the guy who did meticulous upkeep on the clock because he thought when it ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Transit leveling problem

If it is four screws, try to level by moving alternate screws by the same amount as you get the bubble centered.?ÿ It has been a VERY long time since ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Transit leveling problem

Does that unit use four leveling screws?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner off

When I was reading the responses, they did seem unusually nice given no professional license and someone taking ANY measurements.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Corner off

@dave-drahn Addressing what you didn't ask, but many people want to discuss: Since the title "licensed Class A general engineering contractor" was o...

6 years ago
Page 39 / 82