AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

@a-harris  That would be one of the benefits of the asynchronous courses.  Those you can log into and work on it at your own pace without wo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

@a-harris As flyin says, you can join using a smartphone or even a tablet.  I had a short committee meeting with three other people once while I ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

@dave-lindell  LOL.  Not so sure that that hasn't been happening at some of the in-person courses I've been to.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

Replying to my own comment - how sad. I've prepared an online MTS course for the Kentucky Association of Professional Surveyors.  It is an async...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

Now that is the real travesty of online CPD courses! The local chapter I belong to tries to always schedule our fall seminar course at the same locat...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Preferred first job

Started with a company that had 3-4 crews and generally always had an LS (or close to taking the test) on the crew. I was a fresh college grad and st...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

I've taken several semester long online courses through University of Kentucky which used the Zoom platform.?ÿ Just as with in person courses, they ca...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: zoom CEUs? no thanks

Using one of the CEU providers you listed, the quote about half cost is interesting. A long time ago, I took a course through one of them and receive...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Public service annoucement

Any time I have bought stakes from the big box stores, I always figured on loosing about 10-15% of them to breakage because they are always so knotty.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Public service annoucement

@a-harris  If you have mentioned this before on the board, I probably borrowed this idea from you.  I've been using the driveway markers for...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Access to "The Australian Surveyor" technical journal

@tyler-brown  Even as an online program, you should be able to login and access the university's library page.  They should have an online d...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Known start and end stations - how to assess survey accuracy

@fobos8 As others indicated, you first would have to be assuming that the knowns you have are good.  So you would be holding 4 coordinates as be...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Localization Situation

@leegreen  I accidentally ended up using this idea.  I had several 2m rods and one day I happened to combine two pieces that both happened t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Cash Flow woes

@brad-ott Now I may be seeing where you are at with this discussion.  I know several surveyors who are fine over an annual period, but stress ou...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Cash Flow woes

I know some farmers of each variety you described (have saved to cover the initial outlay or have to borrow to get the season started).?ÿ One of those...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Cash Flow woes

Brad, I'm not sure I follow your concern.?ÿ I usually use just the generic concept of cash flow (money coming into and leaving a business).?ÿ There i...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DYMO label

I have had issues with the envelope not feeding well and printing skewed.?ÿ I've used letter size label sheets in the past, but have to always feed it...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: On line Professional Development Hours

@thebionicman Students are free and technicians are a significantly reduced rate in my home state. Not quite sure how it is a scam to make the profe...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Collaborative online learning

Not sure what is meant by "...official support from the various State Boards."?ÿ I would suspect that the boards are not supposed to support (i.e reco...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: On line Professional Development Hours

@steven-metelsky I've developed both a 4 and an 8 hour standards/ethics/code of conduct course for in-person presentation through KAPS.  Each on...

7 years ago
Page 40 / 82