AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 0
Views: 719
Reply
RE: Granite Stone Post

I felt that way at one point also.?ÿ Eventually, I just had to accept that mistakes sometimes happen.?ÿ It sure took me a long time to finally realize...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Round two(Not Click Bait) And now in THIS corner......GIS takes another stab at lowering the bar III

That first section shows either an actual or feigned level of ignorance that is appalling.?ÿ Pretty much every situation the author equates to surveyi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's preparing Deeds

@mike-marks Big key in the OP would be if preparation of the deed by a third party would be considered practice of law.?ÿ I didn't read the whole lis...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's preparing Deeds

@jpb?ÿ Thanks for the great overview of what "Certificate of Survey" means in MT.?ÿ You addressed something I was wondering - if it referred to retrac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's preparing Deeds

Terminology isn't always the same across the country (or world since we have many countries represented on the board). What, in your neck of the wood...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Baseline

@antonstrydom As others have mentioned, could be software specific. You have probably checked already, but the top left corner of your report shows ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Seeking licensure advice

@aliquot?ÿ That is an important fact for folks to check on and is not often brought up.?ÿ Many of the regulations in place provide for the surveying c...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Non Payers

If this is your first time dealing with a non-paying client, take care to make sure you are operating within the letter of the law in your state.?ÿ Im...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Rover Newbie

@john-putnam?ÿ Physical ties into the other sets of data as you start locking them down is what I would expect should occur.?ÿ But having projects in ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Rover Newbie

@eastkysurveyor?ÿ OPUS is absolutely great in the case of limited/no cell coverage.?ÿ I still like it as a double check when in an area with network o...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Rover Newbie

@eastkysurveyor?ÿ One of the benefits to the OPUS solution on the everyday boundary survey is that you are tied to a known control network with every ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Rover Newbie

@bill93?ÿ That might happen Bill.?ÿ An easy answer might be adding a look for that as a means of helping resolve the boundary you are working on anywa...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Rover Newbie

Norman OK's workflow is what I follow usually. One suggestion - initially do some double checking as to how well the OPUS solution matches with the n...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Jackson Purchase

In case anyone besides makerofmaps is also interested, here is a link to download the Henderson map from Google Drive.?ÿ As stated it is a 215 MB file...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky Jackson Purchase

I have a digital copy of the entire Henderson survey, but it is too big to attach on the message board.?ÿ Internet is being slow right now, but I'll u...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Lunch and Learn PDU Course - Leading from the Field

Sounds like an interesting project and a great topic. I would recommend reading Joseph Rost's book "Leadership for the Twenty-First Century".?ÿ Has s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Did you know?

Kentucky is home to the longest known cave system in the world. Had to check Wikipedia (hope they have it right), but Mammoth Cave appears to be almo...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1324
Reply
RE: Legal Description Formatting

@john-putnam Sounds like you have a reason for choosing to use the all caps - can't fault you for that. Although I'm not crazy about all caps, the f...

6 years ago
Page 38 / 82