AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

@dave-karoly It has been years ago, but I read an article about the system in Sweden which has free tuition.?ÿ The percentage of students still borrow...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Deed Calls

@bill93?ÿ In this instance, they both round to 0.06 so I see the need for the question.?ÿ I would consider the rods and links to be a report of the t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Deed Calls

I would probably expect that to be 3 rods 4 links squared as well or about 0.06 acres if I hit the right numbers on the keyboard

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

I will not argue that your claimed fact is not so.?ÿ I do not have any data that would either support or refute your claim of what many saw. However,...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing without a License

@murphy From what I've read on this board, it does seem to vary significantly from state to state.?ÿ I'm always a little surprised by the claims of st...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing without a License

Registered means placed on a list, licensed means given authority to perform some defined action. Registered used to be used in several states.?ÿ I e...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing without a License

In pretty much ever instance I've seen of unlicensed practice, the person breaking the law knew that was the case, but justified it to themselves by c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing without a License

My recommendation would be to go ahead and turn that one over to the board.?ÿ Reason being - you know of one instance of surveying without a license, ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Dog's Name

@rover83 LOL with your user name, I can not believe you didn't suggest the old standard for dog name - Rover

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing education

I thought you might have reached that level of calm where you could just let it slide - something I can't seem to achieve.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing education

@skeeter1996 Wow.?ÿ I didn't pay attention to that the first go around.?ÿ We (Kentucky) would absolutely love a 400 person turn out for the annual c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing education

To original question ?ÿ Yes, Kentucky requires 8 hrs per year (or 16 hrs per two year reporting period) for surveyors. I usually get my hours by ta...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing education

@skeeter1996 In Kentucky, we try to have one 'known' speaker in the conference budget and then fill in additional tracks with volunteers.?ÿ We have ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Continuing education

@steve-brosemer I can't quite chuckle about it.?ÿ I have gotten the comment about how much money I must be making from presenting courses.?ÿ At no c...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Dedication and acceptance

@chris-bouffard This topic was a discussion I had with another local surveyor not too long ago.?ÿ Absent the questionable additional paperwork filed, ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Dedication and acceptance

@holy-cow A change I think of that might be much more costly is if the county regs switched from requiring the developer put gravel down for the road ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Dedication and acceptance

Another consideration might be the length of time the roads have not been in public use.?ÿ Do you have a state statute that addresses how long a road ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying education @ the zoo!

@kevin-hines Pause the video when it starts.?ÿ At the bottom, turn on closed-captions with the CC button.?ÿ Then click the gear "settings" icon next t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: My new Wild T2

@jim-frame I thought I remembered booking angles for the back sight with values around 0 degrees 00 minutes 20 seconds or 179 degrees 59 minutes 30 ...

5 years ago
Page 36 / 82