AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

Enrollment numbers in the programs that have these 'liberal arts' education electives would probably not support this suggestion.?ÿ Examples of some o...

4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

I know it is alluded to somewhere else in this thread, but I'll state it outright - the majority of the instructors are not raking in the cash.?ÿ Ther...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

The 200K+ debts are mostly graduates of professional programs such as medicine or law, which used to expect high salaries upon beginning their careers...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What is this???

That should settle the discussions about 1/2" versus 5/8" rebar being set.?ÿ If your not setting at least a 5" by 8+ feet iron, your just not doing it...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

The comparisons to lawyers, pharmacists, doctors, etc... just doesn't fit for me.?ÿ A "graduate of an accredited surveying program" (assuming he means...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

@aliquot Yes.?ÿ As I pointed out, these are countries with 'free' or very heavily subsidized/regulated tuition rates.?ÿ I'm aware the tuition cost is ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Will Autodesk Negotiate?

@bstrand Just to re-iterate Hopefully a CADD guru will jump in because I'm far from knowledgeable abut this.?ÿ But I think the template should general...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Will Autodesk Negotiate?

@bstrand?ÿ Not sure I'm right as I'm just barely able to accomplish a task in CADD, but I thought the templates were just dwg files in particular dir...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Will Autodesk Negotiate?

@bstrand Have you contacted Carlson about a trial of Carlson Civil Suite to try it out and see how much trouble it actually would be to switch? A fri...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

That situation actually did go away by dint of government support of higher education (i.e agricultural and teacher colleges) which expanded to region...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

@dave-karoly Sweden's not exactly a slum compared to the US.?ÿ Canadian students have debt, Australian students have debt, even German students have d...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Tick record

@murphy I've been treating my work clothes for the past few years and this seems to have been the best solution for me.?ÿ I actually feel pretty good ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

I could not agree more.?ÿ When I started teaching, this was a HUGE concern for me.?ÿ So, I spent a good deal of time trying to develop some minimal sk...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

It is more likely that they are trying to meet the ABET accreditation requirements for mathematics and basic science.?ÿ Being an ABET degree it will r...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

From experience, I can tell you that as with the concern about the quality of experience based on who one works for, the quality of education varies j...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying not a profession?

I don't disagree, but I would phrase it as - Students often choose an unmarketable degree and get into crushing debt by not understanding the return o...

4 years ago
Page 35 / 82