AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jmorgan
jmorgan
@jmorgan
Free
Joined: June 1, 2022 8:36 am
Last seen: June 23, 2025 7:18 am
Topics: 3 / Replies: 21
Reply
RE: Least Squares in Civil 3D

@mark-mayer I have done a couple of traverses with civil 3d (compass rule adjustment) but have found it is almost easier to do it by hand.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: You did what?

My chainmen hate when I tell them to get the chain.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Angle Tolerances

On my Magnet software I use the pre-defined TS (class 1) for rounds of angles and it leaves those boxes blank, but I believe the Hz (r+l) is your tole...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Problem I don't recall ever encountering before

That sounds about normal for California, about a year ago we were setting monuments and told our apprentice chairman to be careful of the sprinkler li...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Controller Software: I've heard of Carlson, Microsurvey, as well as each manufacturer's respective software. Is there anything else out there?

@norman-oklahoma I came up with a 48 and survey pro..all the info I needed or wanted was on one screen,?ÿ I use Topcon Magnet now and it has things I ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Recommendations for light weight conventional 5" total station

I haven't used them, I use a Topcon GT 1000 Robot and a Sokkia ix500, but the GM 50 or GM 100 look pretty good.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Office Broken Into

In my experience, besides the chainsaws and drone the thieves probably don't have any idea what the other stuff is.?ÿ We had a truck stolen a few year...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Moving to Wilmington NC area

I saw some opportunities there.

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1039
Reply
RE: Hello from Southern California

@tickmagnet Already am.

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 742
Reply
RE: Where are all the up and comers?

A younger generation is out there, they just don't know what surveying is.?ÿ My son is 22 and has worked for us for a year then quit to pursue a job i...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: tps files to rinex

@frozennorth I have it, and found it just haven't used it in a long time.?ÿ My company still works like we are in 1980, traverses are still done by ha...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 3721
Reply
RE: Shingles

Shingles suck, I'm 43 and have had them twice.?ÿ The last case was on my face and left a few scars.?ÿ Started out feeling like one side of my face was...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate construction staking....

@flga-2-2 I had to robots ran over by concrete trucks in two months, both in spots that should have been safe.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling all FS takers

@norman-oklahoma It worked for me, I had all the other books and sample tests also, but these NCEES book helped the most.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling all FS takers

@norman-oklahoma Like said above these had about 50-60 questions, they are test specific if you get the FS book and can do the questions in it then yo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling all FS takers

When I took these I bought the study guide and sample tests from NCEES.?ÿ If you can figure out how to do the problems in those (they provide the answ...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 2