AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jim in AZ
Jim in AZ
@jim-in-az
Free
Joined: July 3, 2010 2:15 pm
Last seen: September 17, 2026 5:12 am
Topics: 82 / Replies: 3292
Reply
RE: Timeframe?

I used to tell potential clients that I could start on the research tomorrow. The completion date depends upon what evidence I recover in the field.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

@mountainhermit "State boards do not support negligent surveyors and will take action against them." This is true in most cases, but not all.

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Can the legs of a traverse cross?

@aliquot I don't know that they are wrong, but I do know they are approximations...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: I’m getting too old for this sh*t

This reminds me of a hot summer day in central Arizona where I hiked a half mile (about 400 feet vertically), got a beep in an asphalt roadway, dug a ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

@matt8200 IMHO, Clark County has it bass ackwards. As Bruce said, Gurdon Wattles clarified this before many of us were even neophytes. Why go against ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Railroad Survey Advice

In my neck of the woods the railroad was granted the ROW immediately after the survey alignment MAPS were filed with the government. The rails themsel...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Multiple NSRS Modernization products published to beta

I see they have the name wrong on the large body of water south of Louisiana...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Lyme disease

John, I wish I'd have known you were at the GC - I live 90 miles from it, would have taken you to breakfast or dinner. Hope you are feeling bett...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Preferred Plat Font

@out-of-level That's a legal requirement in Arizona.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Digitizer

@john-putnam How was it their demise?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: RIPJack Buchanan

I had the privilege of having Jack working with me on a large mapping project circa 2000. He was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. RIP

2 years ago
Reply
2 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon Trail Interpretive Center in Baker City, OR

I stopped there last May but they were closed 😕 I will try again on the next trip...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Slide Rule

Magnesium?! Why on Earth...?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Broken-back Curves

I have a PDF of Wattles - not sure where I got it...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: US Survey Foot or International Foot

Arizona mandates the International foot.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Broken-back Curves

The diagram is not of a broken-back curve, as there is a tangent section between the two curves. Norman has it right...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What are your feelings on the CFS? (Certified Floodplain Surveyor)

Just a point that the acronym "CFS" was taken years ago to describe "Certified Federal Surveyor." Using it for a different meaning in the same profess...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do with calls for off line monuments along a senior line?

Norman - To the best of my knowledge County Surveyors perform none of those tasks in this State. Some cities require the submission of mathematical bo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do with calls for off line monuments along a senior line?

"I always begin from the position that humans create boundaries then use maps as a proxy." In fact, the Court has recognized for centuries that monume...

2 years ago
Page 1 / 169