AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 29, 2026 7:07 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Grav D

> I went out to McClellan Park (and a bunch of other crazy surveyors)I was one of them. Woke up at 2:30 for unknown reasons, couldn't get back to ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Procedure for measuring Height of Instrument

> the Trimble 5603 is a wide body instrument, I need to check the actual width, was using 5.50' and a offset of 0.60'.The Geodimeter 600 series, wh...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Tax Deductible Items?

I don't do Taxes and my CPA does not SurveyI'm working on mine right now. I've been using TurboTax for more years than I can remember, and it makes t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK occupation time

> How long to you occupy a control point when establishing new coordinates in an RTK session?Control for what? Control for topo of park open space...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost two jobs to brokers this week

> The firm they contacted wanted FOUR times what I would chargeSo next time tell them you'll do the job for twice your normal fee and meet the MBE ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for USC&GC Benchmark information

It looks like a temporary bench mark, as might be used when transferring the elevation from a mark to be reset. There may not have any published data...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: California Surveyors - Corner Record - Please Help

> Do you have to prove the "corner" in question is an actual property corner monument or do corner records also get prepared for junk just because ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: TDS transfer of files

> it REVISES some of the 1-100 (probably due to rounding) somehow.Way back when (1989 or so) TDS rounded coordinates to 4 decimal places in the dat...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Where are the old school peeps?

> Wasn't Ian the one hit by a truck on the sidewalk?I don't believe there was a sidewalk involved -- it was a rural road intersection, as I recall....

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Map Checker's Tale

> When was the last time you were, Jim. It's changed some since PJ no longer owns it. It's mostly Cisco food but the ambience is definitely small t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: A Map Checker's Tale

> I live in GrovelandHome of PJ's, my preferred lunch spot on the way to and from Tuolumne Meadows every summer. It ain't elegant, but for some re...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble and Air and Space Museum

Too bad they picked one of the ugliest receivers Trimble made. The display would have been much more elegant with a tripod-mounted Compact L1/L2 cabl...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: QuickBook Question

If only I could find a command to mark my bills paid, then I could use my income for fun stuff. Offhand, though, the closest command that comes to mi...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Mask Angle (static observations) and OPUS

I collect at 10° and start processing at 15°. These days I rarely have to futz with the mask.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Calif only - License expiration date

> I guess I can understand being stubborn just for the sake of it when a map checker asks for something that is specifically not required by state ...

16 years ago
Page 365 / 374