AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 28, 2026 7:32 am
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Department of GPSurvey Trivia

> Your Ashtech Solutions L2 hardware dongle also works as a L2 dongle for GNSS Solutions?No, but when upgrading from Ashtech Solutions to GNSS Solu...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Department of GPSurvey Trivia

> Once upon a time, Jim Frame posted that he'd discovered that his L1 GPS receivers were actually also logging L2 data, which was quite a discovery...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Database/Infobase Software question..what does everyone use?

I've been using an Access database since I set up shop in 1993. In recent years I've been supplementing that by plotting job locations in Google Eart...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Truck Boxes

> Do you get any water inside the truck bed at the joint between where the side boxes meet the aluminum survey box? Did the prefab shop roll the ed...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Truck Boxes

In addition to Weatherguard boxes, I use a welded aluminum box that I had made by a local fab shop. After these photos were taken, I glued garage doo...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: a "jack leg" responds

Sam:> Largely true -- but the seller's title insurer would have liked it if someone had discovered this mess before they issued a policy on the new...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: National Flood Insurance Program is a Terrible Deal

> She kept saying her constituents are in areas that rarely or never floodWe hear that a lot around here ("This farm has been in my family for 5 ge...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Aluminum Monument

Critique> Now I realize in California you can provide a Record of Survey or Corner Record establishing constructive noticeDigressing from the topic...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Topo layout

I agree with the advice to try and talk the architect out of a strict grid. However, if he insists and you don't want to stake the grid intersections...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

> I believe the meter used by NGS is the one described in the following file: Micro g LaCoste Romberg TAGS meter That looks like the one we saw in ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

> They need good weather to fly; no more than light turbulance.In fact, they had to scrub today's morning flight because of turbulence.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Grav D

P.S. Thinking about gravity makes my head hurt and disrupts my understanding of the word "up".

16 years ago
Page 364 / 374