AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 4:25 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: serial connection from DC to a laptop

John I am not sureIt's not clear whether you're trying to test the devices or the port, but if it's the port you might want to take a look at Verifyin...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Recieved from a vet and asked to pass it along, I will do it

A hero, no doubt. According to Wikipedia, the events occurred in 1965, and Freeman died in 2008.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: trimble 4000sse firmware upload

> It maybe my cable is just not the right one.If laying hands on a working 4000 to help suss out the comm problem isn't feasible, my next suggestio...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: trimble 4000sse firmware upload

> You have a communication problem between the receiver and the computer.I concur that this is the most likely problem. The way I would approach t...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: More TBC issues

> My Topcon GTS-302 applies the temp, pressure and prism offset corrections before sending the data stream out the port, but my Geodimeter 640 does...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: More TBC issues

> 3) correct the distances for atmospheric (using T and P) and prism offsets (raw data in the dc file is not corrected).This is something I learned...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: 4000sse

For static work I recommend logging to internal RAM, unless it's not enabled. My understanding is that all 4000SS units came with 256k of RAM, but it...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Staking by non-licensed

CA: licensure as a land surveyor or civil engineer is required for construction staking.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Tools of the trade

In addition to the slang term to which you alluded, I've heard it called a frost pin, gad and moil point.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Stolen Trimble R-8 GPS Reciever

> LW Survey Engineering & Design Co. crew was working December 15, 2011 in northeastern Collin County Texas when a Trimble R-8 GPS Receiver was...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost a job to surveyor w/ HP41

Welcome to the site, Eddie! I think we're the only Yolo County (CA, for those of you who haven't been paying attention) guys here.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost a job to surveyor w/ HP41

He could be a lowballer shaving costs to the bone, but he also could be the most conscientious and talented boundary surveyor in the area. The equipm...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK over cellular network?

> The application I am looking at is to take elevation check shots over a large area, often a county or several counties. I do all my photo control...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: THIS IS WHY WE STILL NEED TGO!!!!

> On a whim, I ran the dat files through FixDatTGO, and loaded them into TGO. Converted the rinex to the same date (2005), and all of the data proc...

15 years ago
Page 342 / 374