AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 4:25 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: gps measure up

> Without an accurate HI or HR, the data plane where you are will not be as close as it could be.As I understand it, GPS processors determine the X...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: gps measure up

> Do you need to measure up Everytime when you use gps even if you are not doing elevationsNope. As Loyal suggested, putting in a zero (or other s...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> The bottom line is that any of these prisms are great for topo and standard construction. If you are running control or need precision greater t...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it illegal to sell your License?

In California it would be illegal, because the certificate belongs to the state.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> one thing I do religiously is make sure the benchmark I made on the prism housing lines up with the rod when collecting a shot.By this do you mea...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> That sleek and futuristic silver Leica robotic pole is fairly cool but was always just a half foot short of being able to clear any fence or obst...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> I'd have to agree with the comments about the weight issue being negligible. > For myself, I used a three-section pole with a data collector s...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> I can't see changing to the smaller prism simply for the minor savings in weight. I doubt it would be noticeable.The GRZ4 weighs a little over 2...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the line?

You guys might enjoy this thread on the CLSA website.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> I also found the ATR to be pretty rubbish at picking it out when setting out. I would usually end up using the 'joystick' to point the instrument...

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 29
Views: 1643
Reply
RE: Certification

> What would really bollux it up is one signs and and it is sealed with the other's seal.Or how about this situation: I worked for a firm for 10 y...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Technology

> One quick question: On the new Access controllers, are the displayed specifications of precision (HD and VD) are at 68% confidence or 95% confide...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GPS 300 PCMCIA Card?

My Leica DNA03 level won't recognize a PCMCIA card larger than 32MB.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a new survey truck box design

In 2008 I went with a custom-made welded aluminum box. It was pretty spendy at $2,500.00, but I'm very happy with it.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: serial connection from DC to a laptop

HyperterminalI didn't realize that Hyperterminal isn't included in Windows 7, but you can download it here. I did so and tried the test on COM1 on my...

15 years ago
Page 341 / 374