AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 4:25 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Friday the 13th not looking good for LightSquared . . .

It seems that LightSquared (I just can't bring myself to use the abbreviation "LS" in this context because it appears on all the monuments I set) exec...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Monumentation In Concrete Pavers

> Most are laid on top of a concrete subgrade, so support might not be an issue.These were laid on a gravel base, so I didn't have to drill through...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Monumentation In Concrete Pavers

I set the monuments today. After establishing their locations, I tied them out using a 4-foot aluminum rule, duct tape and a pen. (I wanted to get t...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: The Wild T2 theodolite

> It's sad to think that many will end up as 'collectables', or worse, stripped of their paint and polished as ornaments.I don't imagine many will ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's Son

The father found his son's body on the west side of his office, which is located behind the family home, but the police are awaiting a search warrant ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: PC Hard Drive Failure

> But looking for options.One option you won't have if you buy a PC right now: low-cost disk drives. The floods in Thailand wiped out drive produ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Good GPS unit for OPUS

> You can also use the Cinderella days for static occupation days when you only need to use OPUS once in a while.Was the Cinderella feature include...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: PDL 4500 Battery Replacement

HM...> No other DIY folks?I've been awaiting a response. I don't have a PDL, but I'm not shy about performing surgery on my gear and am curious to...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: O.B.T. 1844

Is that poison ivy growing up around the tree? I might have had to proportion that corner in. (Okay, I'm kidding. But I'd certainly hire someone el...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: 4000SSE/SSI OPUS-RS PROCESSING ABORT?

Did you try uploading a RINEX conversion? OPUS usually takes DATs without complaint. Also, OPUS will often generate spurious rejection messages when...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: gps measure up

Loyal> They are sure easier to set up than those huge fix-height things. We messed with those for a big height-mod. survey and, while being nice a...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Kayak, RTK GPS and sounder set up

Don't forget to check with your insurance company if you're new to water work. Years ago the firm I was working for looked into doing some very light...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: gps measure up

Andy JSECO Fixed-Height Tripod

15 years ago
Reply
RE: gps measure up

gps measure up = antenna height> In terms of the ECEF cartesian coordinate system, the "mark" positional determination is incorrect if the proper a...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Lightsquared Action Alert

> The information attached to this message provides details regarding how to submit your comments to the FCC.Done.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon GPS antenna

pitcure addedThat looks like a rebranded Trimble 16741, which I believe is an L1 antenna designed for GIS (submeter) equipment. An example of the Tri...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Robotic Prism: GRZ4 or GRZ101?

> Does your 1100 have Powersearch? Seem to recall it was introduced on the 1200s.It was available on the 1100-series, though I think it was introdu...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning by Surveying equipment dealer?

> Wouldnt they need to be a registered Surveying or engineering Company.State law would have some bearing on this -- is topographic surveying regul...

15 years ago
Page 340 / 374