AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 4:25 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Ring Ring (email version)

> I just love it when people TELL ME what my services are worth.Technically, he didn't do that -- he told you how much your services are worth to h...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Christ Lambrecht

> it's a utility stone, somewhere beneath there (ca. 0.8 m.) there are some old telephone or other communication lines.I sometimes pine for the day...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Hurt

> There is a brace in the form of a boot.The boots can be helpful, but you have to be careful with them. My wife overtaxed her achilles tendons ov...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Richard Schaut

It appears that his tenure in life was not allodial. 76 is too young, in my opinion, to have to go.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdivision excess placed into street

Jim> The intention of the subdivider is to create a street of a specific width although you could argue his intention is also to create lots of a s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Large Light Table

I can't recall the last time I wished I'd had a light table. It's been at least 15 years.Welcome to the digital age. Good luck with the sale, but do...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Javad's "Aditorial" in American Surveyor.....

> Topcon did take Javads stuff and produced the HipersHistorically, Topcon hasn't done a lot to alter the hardware of its GPS suppliers. The SX-1 ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: last night's presentation...local chapter meeting

It seems to me that acceptance by the surveying community isn't what's standing in the way of widespread use of UAVs for remote sensing; safety and pr...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Had a car back into my tripod with a Leica 1200 on it today

I've often wondered what the standards of care are in determining responsibility for damage to survey equipment within the public right of way. In th...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Menards

> HD just doesn't seem to have what I want as often as the others, and are pushing self-checkout, which I don't like.Off topic, but I've warmed con...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Found a Stone from 1652 today

Endicott Rock - 1652> 88 degree air temp in mid april! crazy!Crazy, indeed. Here in California's sunny central valley we haven't seen anything abo...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: RR Curve Brain lock or is this thing bogus?

> Jim, I'm not sure how that works outIt doesn't. In the cold light of day, I find that I did what I'm always chiding my 8th-grade son for doing: ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Adobe Acrobat X

> You might want to give this a "look-see" before you spend lot's o bucks with Adobe.When I switched over to Win7 last summer, I was shocked at the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: from the ad at the bottom of the page

> We often take my 94 Escort to the jobs.But do you have a high-glitz website designed to generate a large business volume while claiming that you'...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: from the ad at the bottom of the page

> What in the world does having a magnetic sign have to do with being a professional or not?The sign by itself isn't especially significant. If I ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: from the ad at the bottom of the page

The car with the magnetic sign next to the spiffy aluminum tripod shown on their Facebook page fairly screams "full service professional surveying fir...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: RR Curve Brain lock or is this thing bogus?

Ditto what Loyal said, just as a matter of due diligence.I don't get much opportunity to deal with railroad curves, so my comments are strictly academ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: rainbow-and other pics

In my opinion, if you think you need chest waders, what you really need is a boat. You can fall out of a boat and drown, but you have to work at it. ...

14 years ago
Page 333 / 374